• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

lainey - how long does she go between feeds? My doctor told me the first few weeks they can have anywhere from 2-4oz per feeding. My son is 3 and half weeks old and he's eating 4oz at least each feeding. That's about 2-3 hours between feeds. He weighs about 10lbs right now. Sounds like your LO is right on track. xx

lainey - how long does she go between feeds? My doctor told me the first few weeks they can have anywhere from 2-4oz per feeding. My son is 3 and half weeks old and he's eating 4oz at least each feeding. That's about 2-3 hours between feeds. He weighs about 10lbs right now. Sounds like your LO is right on track. xx

Chobette-She goes 3 to 4 hours between feedings. Good to hear your son is eating about the same! Thank you for your response it is greatly appreciated! We are taking her to the doctor again for her check up on Tuesday. I am anxious to see how much she will weigh!

Yeah that sounds normal, xx

No problem, good luck at your appointment. I am afraid to see what my son weighs at his 1 month checkup. They grow big too fast.

Shannon has 4ozs every 3 - 4 hours too and she is 5 weeks old.

I dont know how much she weighs at the moment Im taking her to get weighed thursday. She doesnt seem to be getting bigger to me, she still fits in her newborn clothes and all her 0 - 3 months clothes are too big still which is absurd to me seeing as she was 8lbs 13ozs born!!

George usually has 4oz at each feed, and has started going between 2 and 5 hours between feeds (randomly!) He has on occasions had to have an extra oz top up, but has only needed this two or three times.

LM - George weighed 8lbs 13oz at his weigh in last Thursday! He'd gone from 7lbs 8oz at birth, to 6lbs 12oz a week later, to 18lbs 13oz at 3 weeks! He's piling on And at 8lbs 13oz he fits into a few of his 0-3mnths clothes, and I can't squeeze him into his newborn babygrows anymore! Though the newborn vests still fit for some reason!

Mackenzie feeds every 1.5-3 hours usually. She was a different formula eating 4-4.5oz, now on gentlease which is helping so much thank god, eating 3-3.5oz

She was 8lb 2oz at birth, and at her 1 month check up 10lb 11oz!

LM-I can tell my LO is growing her newborn clothes are getting tight in the feet and I just think she looks so long now. Im sure your LO is growing too!

Kezz-Sounds like George is doing great! My LO is sleeping pretty good. She slept from 9:40 to 1:40 last night and then was up about an hour and then went to back to sleep until 6:15!

Kristel-My LO was having trouble with gas so we have her on gas drops now. They seem to help alot. We are using an organic formula and they don't have a "gentle" kind. Wish they did tho. But she is not constipated or anything so hope it stays that way.

lainey: I tried her on 2 different kinds of gripe water and then colief gas drops. Finally tried the gentlease and it's been a godsend but hoping just a temporary thing as I am hoping to breastfeed again. Long story short, I gave up after a week of BF for numerous reasons, have felt a huge guilt of not trying hard enough as it was my absolute intent to BF for 6-12 months, now trying BF again since yesterday.

I use infacol before every feed to try and help George, but he has really bad wind. He spent from 2am until midday today grunting and straining. He pood twice in that time, but was also passing wind a lot and I think the straining is more his wind than the poo! He burps well though and doesn't spit up a whole lot, so I just dunno what the problem is or what to do. I know grunting and straining is normal until they get the hang of using their muscles properly, but I'm not sleeping because of it! I don't know whether to try some gripewater as well, and have even considered putting him into the nursery at night so I can't hear him, because it's so noisy :( Last week it was getting less (I thought) and he was only doing it from about 5am onwards so I was at least getting some sleep beforehand. This is exhausting!

Didn't think things could get any crapper but they did. Had my gall bladder out today so that makes it two sugeries in 20 days. I've been allowed to keep zac with me the whole time though. The hospital got him one of their little plastic cots. Reminds me of when he was born. Hopefully be home tomorrow and then that be it. I've seen enough of this hospital to last me a lifetime. Definatly qualify for a loyalty card. On the subject or formula zac takes pretty much 4ozs every 4-5 hours and he's 3 weeks old. Last night he slept 10pm-5am though!

Hey everyone! My haven't we gone quiet... is it because everyone is getting no sleep and is totally knackered? Or is that just me :)

I've had to put George on Aptamil Comfort, as well as dentinox and infant gaviscon! And we are now using Dr Browns bottles. And we are definitely seeing some improvement! We only had one screaming fit in the last week, which is amazing! He is still a little rascal who doesn't want to go to sleep, but when he does sleep now he is starting to settle himself, which is so much better than holding him until he falls asleep, which was killing my arms! He is still grunting like there's no tomorrow, which sometimes wakes him up in the night (and often keeps me awake), but I can deal with that so long as he isn't in pain. My OH and I have slept in separate beds for nearly 3 weeks now! Which is crap, but it means we both get a good 5-6 hrs sleep a night! I go to bed at 8pm and he feeds him till his 1am feed, settling him in his nursery. I then go and sleep in the nursery sofa bed till morning, and OH goes into our bed and sleeps till morning! I'm hoping now that George is taking a bit more of his bottle, and sleeping some longer stints, he might give me a little sleep on my shift! At the minute, i'm lucky if I get an hour or two! Maybe soon i'll be able to go back into my own bed!! lol. But it's working okay, and we're getting a happier George through the day.

Everyone keeps commenting on how alert he is, and we even got his first smile at 4 weeks and 4 days! We're hoping for a giggle soon!! He was 7lbs 8oz at birth, and dropped to 6lbs 12oz after 5 days. Now at 5 weeks he is 10lbs 1oz!

I thought everyone had gone quiet to!
That's great news about george I hope things continue to improve for you!
We also had zacs first smile that wasn't related to wind at 4 weeks and 1 day! Zac got weiged just before he turned 4 weeks and is 8lb 13oz. He's still in newborn as 0-3 is so so baggy on him but newborn are getting to small in the feet. He's really long and skinny. Looks like a string bean :rofl:

Haha! Bless him! And how are you doing now? Hope you're health is improving and you now have time to just enjoy him!

George still fits into some newborn things at 10lbs! He's in half of his 0-3 babygrows, the other half are massive! And doesn't fit in ANY 0-3 trousers as they r all waaaay too long and hang over his little feet! So he's wearing 0-3 tops (mostly a bit big but ok) and newborn trousers. lol. Got sooo much stuff for him to wear when he grows just a touch bigger!

Am feeling really good thanks! How are you? Zacs currently laying in his basket peddaling and pulling faces.
I got brought loads of 0-3 on top of what me and OH already got. I think I have more 0-3 stuff than a baby store! And people also brought us stuff in bigger sizes so were pretty sorted!

Hey, sorry havent been on for ages.. elise is doing very well and im loving it its amazing :D

i hope your all doing ok just dropping in to say hello :D

xx

F******ck f*******ck and more f*******ck . possible implantation bleeding going on here. major FML. anyways have laptop now so am able to post piccies so heres some pic spam of my little guy. 6 weeks today!

Attachments

• 395204_3416610853168_1207017608_3439524_1775299103_n.jpg
    395204_3416610853168_1207017608_3439524_1775299103_n.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 3
Wow it is very quiet in here...Btw picture is adorable mummytobee!

I feel so blessed Olivia sleeps usually from about 10:30 p.m. to 6 or 7 a.m. She is 8 weeks now. Taking her tomorrow to get her 2 months shots. Hope she does well. Last week when I weighed her she was 11lbs 6 oz. Going back to work in 3 1/2 weeks and dreading it so much. ='(

thankyou! hes three days old there it was taken in the hospital by my uncle. zac is now just under ten weeks and weighing in at 10lb 140z. hes combi fed but mainly on breastmilk now ive got my supply sorted out and in the last week hes put on 10zs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->