jars or homemade?

taughtandlost

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Just wondering if you use jars of food or make things at home for your baby's first foods? I've been using bought stuff almost all the time cos he's not having big enough meals to make it worth cooking for him.

You could cook a batch of food, puree it and pop it into ice cube trays. That way you can pop a couple out and let them defrost. They are just the right amount when starting on solids.

Will save you a fortune too x

I have started doing what Cherylanne suggested. Bella isn't eating yet, but will be starting in the next couple months so I've been freezing the fresh fruit that I can get now.

I will start doing homemade soon. So far I've been buying organic jars.

I'd always used jars, so thought id give it a go over making some proper food for him, but he just doesnt like it at all lol kept spitting everything out!!

We had been using Hipp organic, but I bought a blender over the weekend & so made him some homemade - Sunday he had potato, pea, swede & carrot, & today he had carrot, potato, pea & broccoli which he loved! I didn't have any ice cube trays to hand, so as I don't use my tommee tippee milk dispensers anymore I filled those with the puree to freeze :happydance:
I am still using jars & baby rice for the fruit or puddingy type things at the moment, will use jars if we are out & about & he has Cow & Gate baby balance cereal for breakfast.

Use jars for the pudding but will be doing home-made for her dinner and tea and jars when going out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->