Jason John's arrival into the world AKA we plan, God laughs...long

D

Donna35

Finally had my lovely son Jason John in the early hours of Sunday morning almost 2 weeks late.

Well to start at the beginning, my midwife came to the house Wednesday to try do a sweep but my womb was so tight she couldn't even get one finger in let alone the 2 which started me wondering...if she can't get a finger in how the heck am I gonna get a baby out lol. Maybe i should have pondered that a bit more lol

So here is the birth plan (short version) as I had planned it:

All natural
Only gas and air
Definitely NO epidural or c-section unless emergency

Hmmm yeah right - think I've been watching too much Friends/Eastenders/Corrie where birth is such a quick easy affair.:haha:

Here's what really happened:

Went into hospital on Friday 3pm to be induced. They started me with a Prostin tablet but not a lot happened (apart from the 3 hours after it of constant obs, blood pressure checks, baby heart checks lol) Then 6 hours later they checked and did another one, same thing loads of checks. My OH went home to bed about 9 cos they kicked him out - some stupid visiting rules or summat lol - but kept ringing and texting to make sure i was ok etc. So they kept checking me until 1.30am every half hour more checks it was so tiring (I had hardly slept the night before anyay so was shattered) Then they showed me back to the ward to sleep said they'd do another on the Saturday morning. They also brought a new lady onto the ward (at 1.30am!!) and showed her how to use everything etc and procedded to come back every 2 hours with a rattly BP machine to check her - she had high BP with suspected pre-eclampsia - why the F they couldn't have left the damn machinethere is beyond me. Friday night I felt pains all night only smallish ones but there nonetheless.

So together with that, the pains and the other lady in the ward who snored her head off all night I got no sleep AT ALL.

Saturday came and they did the next prostin tablet said the last 2 didnt do very much so they'd do a third and if that didnt open me up then it was either a C-section or a 24 hour wait todo the Prostin again. I was really tired and cranky by now so started to think a c-section sounded good just whip him out lol

Thankfully the 3rd prostin started to work. OH came to visit and I was feeling pains more frequent and stronger. Labour ward was meant to be taking me at 4.30 but were busy and had just a skeleton staff being weekend. We were all in the ward it was visiting time and all of a sudden they got really strong and were coming 5 minutes apart. All I could do was bury my head in the pillow trying to hide it as the lady next to me had her 3year old visiting and didn't want to scare her. Oh as all this was going on all the OH's in the room were watching the Newcastle match on the tv lol so there am I trying to be quiet.

Withing an hour the pains went from every 5 minutes to every 3 minutes so we went saw the MW told her theyre coming hard and fast and she got me taken down to Labour Ward. They didn't check me just left us in the room told me keep moving, use the birthing ball etc and left us be for a bit. After a while they came and tried to break my waters - damn womb STILL too tight so she had to get a more experienced MW in to do it. OMG I flooded the room nearly lol never saw anything like it.

Put me on gas and air which did FECK ALL to me lol so the pains were sooooo bad i begged for something else - this was cos they said start taking the gas and air as the contraction starts off small - the damn things werent starting small they were hitting like a ton of bricks so by the time the G&A worked it was too late. Got a shot of Oxytocin - this didn't do much either or not that I noticed lol

They said it'd be hours yet b4 the baby came - I was so tired (after 3 nights of hardly any sleep etc) and got really emotional didn't think I could go on any longer. I asked her to examine me as I was feeling pressure in my bum and had been for ages - kept telling them that too - was told nope we'll examine in 4 HOURS when your contractions are regular. I was like WTF!!!!! Then she left the room.

I was crying at this stage to poor Jason (OH) who by the way was a total rock i really couldn't have done it without him. i said 'They're not listening to me please make them listen I can't go on'

So MW came back few minutes later I said 'please just examine me cos if I'm only 2cm I really don't think I can do this for next few hours and I might need epidural I'm worried about the baby need get him out' She finally agreed - had an examination and what do you know - I was fully dilated. I reckon I had been for ages too.

So I lost all faith in the MW's by now and stopped listening to them, was really trying my very best but was exhausted. started pushing and could see his head and the trace for his heartbeat but was going so slow.

I feel I let myself down about all this BTW that I wasn't trying hard enough and am still sad about it...

So then the alarm started going off - I was spaced out of it by this time totally and never heard it never heard what the MW were saying to me and only when Jason said 'Donna I'm scared something could happen to the baby you need put everything into it now n get him out' He was the only one who got through to me and really if he had not been there I don't know what would have happened to our little man - he saved him I truly believe that.

So I found energy - who knows from where lol - nesarly broke the bed in 2 I was gripping it so hard lol and then Jason John got born. I got torn in 3 places but he is sooooooo worth it we love him so very much

So alls well thst ends well :baby::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Here he is:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 033.jpg

Picture 032.jpg

Wow. What a rock your OH sounds like. Well done to both of you.

Wow. What a rock your OH sounds like. Well done to both of you.

Thanks everyone xxx

He really is a rock he's been there for me all through the pregnancy, was there all day every day when I was admitted for inducing and only left when they made him lol and was there all through the birth and afterwards.

He's been even better now since the LO has been born - he's a full hands-on dad wants to learn everything about looking after him - I'm so lucky to have him and Jason John is so lucky to have him for his dad :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Gorgeous little boy , well done :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

awww congratulations, he's gorgeous x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back