Jayden Leo's arrival - induction + GD

S

Sarah10

On monday the 18th i got booked in for an induction at 8:45am. On arriving at the hospital with James we were put on a ward and i was given a bed. At 12:15 a midwife came round and gave me a pessary, it hurt like mad!
By 8pm nothing had happened and James were sent home, this was the worst part.
By 1am i started getting back pain and braxton hicks like feeling, i wasn't sure if anything was happening though. By 6am i hadn't had any sleep so decided to have a shower, i lost my plug also!
At 9am i started getting pains coming every 5 minutes, i was timing them, it felt like period pain.
James come up at 11am and by then they were quite sore so i got given a birthing ball. By 12 noon my mum came up, i asked to be checked but they said they were abit busy. They finally got round to it as it had been 24hours since my pessary was put in, it hurt while they examined me and they gave me gas and air, oh my god i felt pissed!! lol. i was 4cm dilated.
By 3pm i was in agony, i wanted to be off that ward and put in a delivery room, they were busy though. Anyway after swearing my head off in pain they put me in a wheelchair and i got took down. The room was amazing and the midwife was lovely. I went in the bathroom to get changed and i couldnt, contractions were only seconds apart. i shouted for the epidural and the anaethetist came in and went through the pro's and cons.. i didn't care at that point if i'd never walk again!
After they did it i felt amazing, no more pain! they examined me at 6pm and i was 7cm dilated! By 11pm i got examined and was only 8cm, so they broke my waters and put me on the drip, i was so scared! About by 1am i had a top up of the epidural and again it was brilliant! Time ticked on and about 3pm i had another top up! lol. The midwife checked and i was 10cm, so i could push.. it was such a great feeling! i could feel slight contractions. they said i can only push for a hour then they would get the doctors in with the forceps.. that got me moving!
Wednesday At 03:43am Jayden Leo Reeves was born weighing 8lb 6.
We only got let out at 12 noon as he had to have his blood sugar monitored for a while due to me having diabetes.
He is lovely and i'd do it all again! :cloud9:

Attachments

• DSC01808.jpg
    DSC01808.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01814.jpg
    DSC01814.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 19
Congratulations, he's gorgeous and as always so impressed that anyone manages to cope with these things - sounded like a long one!

X

It was hard work at the time but i've kind of forgot the pain now, i love him to bits! xxxx

Awh he's such a sweetie! Congratulations!

xoxox

congrats he's so adorable sleeping with his little mouth open!

Well done Sarah, I'm glad that everything went well for you and that LO is healthy and happy. And you should be free of GD now as well :)

I think i am, well hopefully! :) got a GTT in 4 weeks so i guess i'l know for sure then. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->