Jealous step daughter

Bellatrix14

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Anybody with experience of step children getting jealous of their dads with their other children. Lilly ( my husbands daughter) has just moved back from their 3 months in Australia and this is the first time she's met her new baby sister. She's refusing to sit and eat with us and talk to us all??

No personal experience but maybe she feels left out? it's a big adjustment for her to leave for three months and have a new sibling waiting for her. Maybe some one on one time with her dad would be a good thing.

I agree with one on one dad time. She needs to be shown that he loves all his children equally and not just the new baby - and depending on how old she is - I would enforce her eating with the family. She needs to know she is part of the family and is expected to act like it. Giving her special privledges for acting out won't help.

I found a forum I absolutely loved when dealing with step issues - www.steptogether.org - My SD is 19 and no longer lives here but that forum was a huge help the last 10 years

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->