Jelly Bean's Weightloss Journal

Jelly Bean

Queen and little prince
Reaction score
Starting my own journal as well :bunny:

I think it'll be very motivating to have my caloric intake and exercise up for public viewing! And high time I got off my bum and lose my remaining pregnancy plus the excess pre-pregnancy weight as well.

I'll be updating every day and new, harder fitness guidelines will be undertaken every two weeks.

1) 1500 calories a day maximum.

2) 10 glasses of water a day minimum.

3) 180 minutes of treadmill a week minimum.​

Current stats:

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wkpMnTu/weight.png

nice one jelly bean! I'm keeping everything crossed for you x
We can do this together!

Day 1 - May 7th, 2009

- 1600 calories

- 10 glasses of water

- 30 minutes of treadmill

Feel cranky and headachy at the moment. I think I have to eat better within my calorie limit. I did have a lot of fruit today. If I hadn't had some chocolate candies I wouldn't have gone 100 calories over my limit...

I love the first day of dieting after eating a lot of junk for a long time, because your face immediately loses its puffiness and you feel much better all around.

Maybe in about a week I'll feel slim enough to put on my new cute cargo pants...

BTW for those of you who are wondering how I'm planning to lose weight eating 1500 calories a day I'm breastfeeding...

Day 2 - May 8th, 2009

- 1900 calories

- 6 glasses of water

- 0 minutes of treadmill

Upset with myself...I spent the whole day out so wasn't able to work out. DH didn't want to eat in a food court tonight (was planning on having Subway or something filling and low-calorie) so at the restaurant we ended up in, the only low-cal meal on the menu was a pathetic-looking chicken salad. And I was starving. So I ended up having a rice dish.

Lessons learned today: get up earlier to work out. Eat more frequently during the day so you don't make bad choices while you're raving with hunger.

Thankfully tomorrow is another day. Plus I'm pleased that even though I did go off the diet and exercise today, I kept it somewhat under control. It's scary to think of all those endless days pregnant and right after the birth where I would eat all day long and not think about calories...who knows how many I ingested every day, it must've been around 3000.

Day 3 - May 9th, 2009

Just a complete mess.

I think I ate in the range of 2000-2500 calories today. DH only wanted to go to a steakhouse, and from there on it was a downward spiral. However, two interesting things: I made healthy (albeit high-calorie) choices at dinner, not gorging myself at all, and after his greasy rib platter, DH complained about feeling bloated and bad. We actually went to a supermarket and did a whole refrigerator makeover...buying low-fat versions of everything, whole wheat carbs, light protein, light canned soups, fresh fruit and vegetables, etcetera. I really recommend that anyone who wants to start a weightloss regime do this first, it's incredibly motivating. This is the first and only time I've seen DH so committed to eating better and it's really heartening for my sake.

So I'm starting in earnest tomorrow, May 10th. No more DH-caused setbacks.

I bought a pair of size 12 (I'm a 14 right now) pants from Dockers, adorable black cropped ones, and I am fitting into them in a couple of weeks, goddamit!!

Day 4 - May 10th, 2009

- 1600 calories

- 10 glasses of water

- 0 minutes on treadmill

Didn't do treadmill today, but was so busy with household chores (wrestling with about 50 lbs of laundry) that I think I burned a lot of calories.

Felt good today!!

AND I've lost 2 lbs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 5 - May 11th, 2009

- 1000 calories

- 10 glasses of water

- 0 minutes on treadmill

I know I ate too little today for someone who's breastfeeding...but just wasn't hungry!!

Feeling very good atm.

Day 6 - May 12th, 2009

- 1600 calories

- 10 glasses of water

- 0 minutes on treadmill

Getting pretty tired of writing "0 minutes on treadmill"...but honestly haven't found the time to work out yet. I feel well...never really full and never really hungry. I feel like there's less of me.

DH is impressed at my willpower...he tried to cajole me into eating ice cream and I only consented to take a sip of his Coke float. I'm eating really healthy...I've been having whole wheat pasta with vegetables and tomato sauce. It's so filling that you don't need much of it.

Day 7th - May 13th, 2009

- 1600 calories

- 8 glasses of water

Feel that I'm doing great. My rings are finally loose on me again. My pants keep getting looser too.

Have decided to not start working out until I reach a plateau (probably in a week or so).

Only 7 days left to go before I can have sex for the first time in over three months lol! Have to look good.

Haven't had time to post...on Thursday (day 8th) had only 1600 calories again. Very good.

Today I think I did about 2000 calories...too tired to do the math. I had half a shrimp fried rice and a chocolate mousse. Didn't gorge myself, knew I was being lax but sooo enjoyed myself after being so healthy all week!

Of course resuming tomorrow as normal.

Day 10th - May 17th, 2009

Was too busy today to eat properly, ended up just having a piece of toast with peanut butter the whole day. Then went out with DH and had some very rich raviolis and a cream-based dessert...my stomach actually hurts since I'm not used to such rich food after eating well for these ten days. I don't think I ate more than 2000 calories, will do better tomorrow. Always seem to slip up on weekends...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->