Jesse Jaymz Harley Adams 19/3/10 not the birth I imagined lol ~very long~

tiger

mum-1boy-expecting1girl
Reaction score
Okay so this will be EXTREMELY long as there I'd alot to mention, and there will be ALOT if bitching about my midwives n nurses, so best grab a tea or coffee :coffee:
9/3/10 Tuesday (1 day overdue)- I started to lose my plug in the morning but in the afternoon I found that it was now streaked with blood! Yay! Ring la our ward n they said it was my bloody show n gave me a run down of when to go to hospital. Pretty excited that something is happening, I was wrong.... Nothing for the next few days, just LOADS of jelly like mucus (my plug)

11/3 Thursday (3 days overdue)- cleaning the house as usual wheni started to get really strong Braxton hicks around midday, by 6pm they were pretty bad, at 8:30pm I had slight tears in my eyes when I got them, ring labour ward n they said to come in, I was hesitant as they had no pattern really n were hard to time. got to hospital n put on ctg machine n checked over n she said I was in early labour n gave me some panadeine n said "we will probably see you in the morning if not sooner" . YAY :dance:

12/3 Friday 4 days over- woke up n no more pains, just really sore from where they were. Around 2pm same day I started having the pains again but they fizzled out n then got them again at 11pm lasting til 3am , couldn't sleep through them as they were quite painful. This kept happening over the weekend n the hospital said they couldn't do anything.
15/3 Monday 1 week overdue!- had a sweep booked n was 3.5cm dialated!!! N 50% effaced so I was sure this would work!!! While at my sweep the midwife checked my blood pressure 4 times n it. Was extremely high 157/95. I had protein in my wee so was sent to labour ward for monitoring n bloods, was there for 6hrs n diagnosed with pre-eclampsia n my Bp got to 160/103 but the doctor said "there is no point inducing her as it could happen naturally tonight!!!" ..(dickhead ,.... sorry!)
went hoMe expecting something to happen...NOPE!! Nothing but the same early labour contractions.
18/3 thursday 10 days overdue!- woke up with, did some cleaning my mum called n said she wanted to take me to the local pharmacy n see what my bp was ( mum extremely upset at the hospital) around 11am contractions started again (whoopee), bp still high, 1pm contractions getting more painful ndecided to try n time them, they were every 5 n a half minutes! Rang hospital n the bitch midwife said " you can come in if you really want but there's no point as we will send you home, if they were every 5min u wouldn't be able to talk on the phone!!!!!" BITCH! Mum was furious n wanted me checked out so went to local gp who said " Looks like your in labour to me" contractions every 4min now. Off to hossy with note from gp, got there n demanded to be looked at, young student obstetrician said she would if she had to! N then she brought over a trainee b said, do you mind if we both examine you to which I replied "is it a f*cking 2 person job!!" (was in the middle of a contraction), anyway she examined then the trainee n the trainee said "oh I can feel a head!!" :dohh: anyway I was 4.5cm n fully effaced n they still sent me hone!!!!! They said I could stay if I realy wanted but thy would send me hone in an hour if I hadn't progressed. Grrr
got home ate diner with the family and OH n an hour n a half later started bleeding pretty bad so off to hospital!
Midwife said, oh you were examined earlier, how far were you? I replied 4.5cm n her eyes nearly bulged out of her head :shock: she couldn't believe I was sent home, she checked me n I was 6cm n she said "off to labour room"... YAY!!!!!!! :happydance:
got In the bath talking to OH for an hour n thn the bath was doing nothing si requested the gas, n it just felt like I was sucking on air so I was gven a shot of pethadine n then for some reason the gas worked n I felt so stoned, I was riging everyone( can't remember that) n dancing round the room! My OH said I even tried to mount him lol! :haha:
19/3 - at 1:39am mw checked me n was 8cm with bulging waters so she broke them, n let me tell you, if your waters break with a gush, u will know! It felt like a huge bucket of warm water was let out! Anyway contractions got 100 times worse! I can describe the amount of pain! U would have to have a baby to understand! I was in the shower n sucked on the gas for 20min straight with no breaks, my contractions were one on top of the other! My dad swapped with my mum n came in n said I looked like a rapid dog! Everytime I was in pain I gripped onto eiter him or my OH, it wa unbearable, I started vommitting everywhere cuz I felt like I was dying. At 3:30 I was examined n found out I had shrunk to 5cm!!!!!! My waters had been putting the pressure on my cervix to open! I demanded the epi at this point because I was about to pass out n couldn't believe I had shrunk. AN hour later I could start to feel pain again but mw said it was just pressure from Bub n not pain. 20mi later, it was definately pain!!!! She checked me n I was 9cm!!!!, she said she would get the new mw to check me in 2hrs as she was leaving. 20mi later I felt I needed to poo really really bad, they checked me n i was 10cm. She told me to start pushing so did but his heart rate kept dropping n emergency teams kept getting called in as it was Down to 42bpm for a few minutes at one stage! Anyway they discovered while I was pushing that he was not only back to back but he was coming out forehead first n nearly snapping his nEck each time I pushed which is why his h.r kept dropping. They said they were going to use the suction cap so up to operating theatre I go, OH was with me n I had my legs I stirrups n 4 hands up me at one point trying to move his head to get the cap on, n with next contraction I pushed n they sucked n the cap came flying off his head n my blood splattered over 3 doctors n they completely lost his heart beat so everyone was running around n they told my partner "you have to go NOW!!" ( I was terrified, I had no idea what was happening) he started crying n they told me "your going under" n i said "under where, where am I going?" n my partner said he loved me n got pushed out of the room, i was screaming for him n was In hysterics I was so scared, I remeber them pulling my head back b shoving a life support tube Down my throat (found out this was because I lost a litre of blood n my heart rate was dropping, they thought I was going to die) .
Woke up at 9:30am n heard my other half talking to Jesse, I couldn't move though at all until 10:30am n was crying because I could see him holding him but could see what he looked liked, it was horrible. I finally came around though n found out....
Jesse jaymz Harley Adams was born 19/3 at 8:30am via emergency c-section weighing 9.5 pounds n 56cm long !
He wasn't breathing when he was born so was on oxygen for a minute,
his apgar score was 7 at one minute n 10 at 5 min. He is gorjuz n has soooo much hair n is extremely strong.
I'm on my phone so can't upload pics but feel free to pm me n get my facebook details if you would like.
My birth was extremely traumatic n I don't think I'll be going back for another for a few more years!! Lol but he is completely worth it n I would do it again for him.
If you read through all this, well done!!!!!!! :flower:

wow... what an experience! I'm so glad you have jesse after all that!!!
well done and huge congrats!

Thanks :) it was horrible n really quite traumatic n definately did not go the way I planned, and I didn't know midwives n nurses were so horrible!

Bloody hell what an experience well done..i'm sure the worst bits you rememBer will fade really quickly and you'll be doing it again in no time!!!!;-).XXX

well done for getting through that hun. Mine was really traumatic too and i lost 2 and half litres of blood, I am so traumatised still that i often wish they had let me die on the table!! (ofcourse that makes my OH cry when i say that) but although i love my little girl to bits, I still wish sometimes that they couldn't stop the bleed :cry: birth can do some f***d up stuff to ya :(
xxxx

Congratulations! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Jesse is gorgeous! Well done you for being so strong xxxxx

Big congats Hun, sorry u had a rough time though! Xx

OMG I have tears in my eyes from reading your story.
I am sorry it was so traumatic for you but congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->