jewellery and children

fidgets mammy

mammy of 3 fab kids
Reaction score
I personally am not one for it. The twins got a bracelet for their christening and theyre lovely but i doubt theyll ever wear them but they were a gift and i appreciate that.
Now, my friends daughter is 6, she was saying that at xmas her pile looked tiny. Then said it was because her presents cost so much. I agreed and said yeh lego n stuff n dolls r expensive. She said no it was her bracelet she really wanted. She got her a pandora!! Am i over reacting thinking that
1:shes still a child and should b gettin toys
2:a pandora?? Why??

Anyone else buy their kids expensive jewellwry? I just dont see how a 6 yr old would understand the cost or be appreciative of it.

Am i wrong??

I have a boy, so no, I don't. But my parents used to buy me jewellery for my birthday, & I used to love it. I used to ask for some sort of jewellery on my birthdays, I used to like it more than toys. I used to get many toys from other family members & friends. I still have many of my old jewellery, I have a nice collection.

By the age of 6, I knew about the value of money, I started to save at that age, & I loved the idea of buying an expensive piece of jewellery from my own pocket money even at that young age (my dad used to add to the money I saved, but I was still paying from my own money)

On Omar's birthdays, I feel stuck, & sometimes I do comment that it would have been easier if I had a girl when it comes to gifts, as I can easily buy her a piece of jewellery instead of endless toys.

I guess children imitate their parents, if I had the money I would buy my kids (to share) an iPad, as they are using up all the space on mine, some people would consider that crazy. I don't personally get why someone would give their kids a pandora, but I don't follow fads like that, I don't really like pandora. But if I had a girl and she wanted jewellery I would get her age appropriate, at least until I knew she would look after it.

I would rather a 6 year old be a 6 year old though, rather than growing up too fast, but as I say they will copy, so if you use lots of mask up, spend ages on your hair etc they will, if you read they probably will, if your an outdoors person they probably will be.

Her mam is into all that stuff. But tbh her daughter isnt. She also got a foot spa. She has got her a bit of a diva. It makes me nervous to think that when the twins are 6 theyll want that stuff? What ever happened to baby annabel????

Her mam is into all that stuff. But tbh her daughter isnt. She also got a foot spa. She has got her a bit of a diva. It makes me nervous to think that when the twins are 6 theyll want that stuff? What ever happened to baby annabel????
They won't unless you do, children learn best from example.

I was just so ahocked to see it on her wrist and she tried to take it off and nipped her arm. I dont mind little girls wanting kiddi jewellery but i think a pandora at 6? What will she get at 13.

Both my girls have a Links of London sweetie bracelet each we add to every birthday (used to be Xmas too but woah expensive)
They aren't getting them til they are older though, old enough to cherish

For the 6 year old its all about copying mummy, they enjoy stuff like that

I agree with the op they won't know the value or understand the cost, but that is true of anything you buy a 6 year old really

I wouldn't buy mine anything like that, but each to their own I think

Both my girls have a Links of London sweetie bracelet each we add to every birthday (used to be Xmas too but woah expensive)

Yeah, my girls have a chamilla bracelet each that we add beads to to mark special events. But it's for when they're older

If I had a six year old wanting a bracelet like that I would probably buy a cheaper Argos version that I didn't have to worry about getting lost. I used to get jewellery from family when I was that age and I loved it but I also lost most of it as a lot of six year olds probably do if given it to take care if themselves.

Did you say your friend also got
her a foot spa though? for a six year old? I probably wouldn't give a six year old that, if they want to play beauty parlours or whatever they can have a washing up bowl lol.

I think pandora Is way over the top for a 6 year old!! I have a son but still wouldn't have him wear jewellery. If I had a girl I wouldn't want her wearing it until she was older and I don't mean 6 that's crazy. Did this little girl ask for the bracelet!! If so that's weird too as children tend to want toys!!! X

This is what we have just started with our 3, but pandoras. They will be getting them most probably on their 21st. There's no way that I would let them have them now.

This is such a lovely idea.

Abby loves her bangles. But it's costume jewelry, kids stuff. She'd just break or lose anything expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->