Jo Brand is an older mum

truly_blessed

Loving being a new mummy
Reaction score
I was watching the one show tonight and Jo Brand was on and they mentioned her 2 girls were 8 and 10 ....... so I googled her age and she's 54 in July :happydance: great news not only for us mature ladies but also the 'fluffy' ones as someone said on another post today :rofl:

thats very interesting! there was another celeb I did the same thing recently, googled her age and realized she had kids in her early 40's, just cant remember who! theres a lot of older celebs pregnant right now....tina fay is one I can think of who is early 40's, selma blair is 38 I think. that blond girl from 30 rock/ally mcbeal early 40's just had a baby, so did mariah carey :thumbup:

But with older mom celebs the question is did they use their own eggs?

But with older mom celebs the question is did they use their own eggs?

I believe so, haven't seen anything to the contary. Of course, it could have been hidden from the media.

Caroline Quentin was 39 when she had her first baby and 43 when she had her second baby and she's also a little fluffy :)

These stories are definitely inspirational to me :thumbup:

Me too. I LOVE reading stories in my mags about older 'celebrity' Mums and I always check their kids ages and then work out how old they were when they had them - fills me with huge amounts of hope every time:thumbup:x

I saw this on tv yesterday too, I actually though Jo Brand was allot older than 54 tbh, so i googled her too,lol, it is great to see older celebs out there, I dont think Jo Brand had any IVF from what Ive been reading x this is a quote from this newspaper articale Jo Brand said
""I hoped I'd become a mum but I didn't expect to. I don't think anyone should. I think that's the big problem these days. There's this expectation that medical science will let us do absolutely anything."

To me it says she concived natrually, heres the link, makes a good read, she a great comedien and person.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2007/08/15/jo-brand-exclusive-115875-19633044/

Fluffy or not, as long as we ovulate I think we are good...and yes, we can ovulate for a bit still ladies...keep healthy as much as possible and your eggs will stay that way too :)

I was reading a US magazine while back and it had a double page spread on pregnant celebs....they were ALL over 35! its definitely the 'norm' now as people work on their careers first. I just wish they would be honest about fertility help....like Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez both had twins late 30s/early 40s and Id like to know if they had help (probably, but twins are more common in later pregnancy too)

I saw this on tv yesterday too, I actually though Jo Brand was allot older than 54 tbh, so i googled her too,lol, it is great to see older celebs out there, I dont think Jo Brand had any IVF from what Ive been reading x this is a quote from this newspaper articale Jo Brand said
""I hoped I'd become a mum but I didn't expect to. I don't think anyone should. I think that's the big problem these days. There's this expectation that medical science will let us do absolutely anything."

To me it says she concived natrually, heres the link, makes a good read, she a great comedien and person.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2007/08/15/jo-brand-exclusive-115875-19633044/

to me that quote is saying that she DID have a helping from medical science, but wasnt expecting anything, was just hoping. otherwise why would she mention medical science? I think she is saying people expect medical science will definitely get you pregnant but she didnt have that expectation, was just hoping.

I love this bit:
"You get so irritable. Even nice things don't make you happy when you're tired.

"A guy would turn up at the door with a nice bouquet of flowers for a job I'd done and I'd just think 'Great, now I've got to find a f****** vase'.

:rofl:

to me that quote is saying that she DID have a helping from medical science, but wasnt expecting anything, was just hoping. otherwise why would she mention medical science? I think she is saying people expect medical science will definitely get you pregnant but she didnt have that expectation, was just hoping.

I love this bit:
"You get so irritable. Even nice things don't make you happy when you're tired.

"A guy would turn up at the door with a nice bouquet of flowers for a job I'd done and I'd just think 'Great, now I've got to find a f****** vase'.

:rofl:

ITA I was thinking the same thing when I read the quote. They're also really lucky they can afford any treatment they want as many times as it takes. DH and I were looking at the costs for IUI and IVF last night, yikes! We don't have that kind of money.

ITA I was thinking the same thing when I read the quote. They're also really lucky they can afford any treatment they want as many times as it takes. DH and I were looking at the costs for IUI and IVF last night, yikes! We don't have that kind of money.

I know, its too bad that there are so many people who cant have children and are not able to go for medical treatment. Im sure I read that in the UK some people have it covered, not sure what the circumstances are. You are in the states where you dont have any government backed medical coverage apart from insurance right? here in canada we have a great health system and quite a bit is covered compared to the USA, but not IVF. A lot of peoples insurance plans cover 1 or 2 cycles. I am self employed so no plan, but I would be able to save up if I needed to. I just cant imagine the pressure of getting a BFP after IVF and paying all that money.

in the UK you get 1 (maybe 2) attempts at IVF on the NHS if you are

a. under 40 (sometimes it's slighly lower in some regions)
b. have no children from a previous relationship
c. have been TTC for 12 months if under 35 and 6 months if over 35

I think you also need to have a BMI under 30 but not entirly certain on that one.

Hi ladies im loving the term fluffy !!! Im definately fluffy but will keep trying and hoping for the best ,, good luck ladies ,, ps ... a mom at my kids school who is also fluffy has just announced her pregnancy and she's well into her late 40's !!!!!!!!!!!

in the UK you get 1 (maybe 2) attempts at IVF on the NHS if you are

a. under 40 (sometimes it's slighly lower in some regions)
b. have no children from a previous relationship
c. have been TTC for 12 months if under 35 and 6 months if over 35

I think you also need to have a BMI under 30 but not entirly certain on that one.

Well I live in the States but I'm originally from the UK. Perhaps I should convince DH that we need to move home for the next year! I turn 39 next month and by then we'll have been actively trying for 6 mos. Just need to lose a bunch of weight... Wishful thinking, DH is American and hasn't even visited the UK yet so it's not likely I can get him to just up and move there.:wacko: Plus he has 2 children from a previous marriage so I think I was reading on another post that would rule us out (even though I have none)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->