Job hunting

pandacub

Proud mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
Some of you may have read my other thread about having to defer my uni course until next year (very last minute) so im currently on the search for a job.
I only started this week so it is early days but am hoping to get something asap. I'm applying for everything suitable but it obviously has to fit around childcare.

Also quick qu, quite a few jobs have said 'candidate must be available to work one weekend day' which I can't commit to, I'd have to take it week by week.. would you bother applying for the job knowing you couldn't fill the criteria or would you just apply for Everything?

Is anyone else job hunting? How is it going?

I'd just apply for everything. Although they might state certain things on the advert, if they interview you and like you enough then maybe they could work around it and come to an arrangement that suits you both?

My best friend just got a job where the hours were advertised as 8.30am - 6pm and one Saturday a month. She knew she couldn't commit to such hours due to LOs nursery hours and she still got the job.
The employers loved her so were flexible with the hours - she's doing 9am - 5pm, and she has been flexible in return and is going to do the Saturday once a month - she has arranged for a childcare assistant from her LB's nursery to babysit him privately once a month. So I say go for it, just check you are upfront once you get to interview. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->