Jobs

Lucy_lu_84

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I went for a job interview yesterday - it was all arranged before I found out I was pregnant. Its going to go to the second interview stage, so im not sure what to do if i get offered a second interview. Should I tell them I am pregnant? They are looking for someone whos going to stay with company for a long time and im not sure what will happen work wise wonce baby is here!
Would you tell them or not?

I wouldnt tell them. They cant not hire you due to the fact that you are pregnant but if they didnt hire you, you would have no way of knowing. Depending on how far gone you are you may be entitled to maternity pay (you are enetitled to leave no matter how long you have been there) but if you arent you may be entitled to maternity allowance instead.

Best of luck with the interview!

Hey hun

Not too sure whether I could keep it a secret as if they employ you you will probably have to tell them soon after and I would feel like I was misleading them - but that is my personal feeling and I am sure u will make whatever decision you feel happy with.

I am not sure that you will qualify for Maternity Pay from your employer as it has to do with the weeks you have left after you join have a look on here

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/WorkAndFamilies/DG_10029290

good luck in pregnancy and work! x

I would keep it a secret because although they can't legaly turn you down for a job because you're pregnant, most places still do! If you get the job, tell them a few weeks after you've started.

Yeah i jsut feel bad misleading them!
I know I wont get maturnity pay - but where I am at moment I have only been here 3 weeks so I wont get it here either. PLus am part time here :S

it's thru an agency - but to be taken on full time so I might speak to the guy in agency and see what he thinks! #

Thanks for ure advice girls
Lu xx

I felt the same way. I had an interview at the end of feb, and wasnt told until the end of march that I was hired. I had JUST found out like the same week that I was pregnant.

I didnt tell them, because I know I would not have gotten hired but I need the matleave pay badly :S I think my supervisor will be pissed, but as long as I dont show before my probation period is over then it will be ok.

Lol yeah thats a good plan!
Whos knows I might not even get a 2nd interview yet so I will be worrying over nothing!

You dont have to tell them at all and dont feel bad about it! They would screw you over if it suited them! I would take it and keep quiet until week 14 or just after. They don't need to know before and it really isnt a hassle for them to organise cover for you over your maternity period - especially if you arent entitled to be paid by them.

That's true!
with not paying me they can get someone else in...
Will have a think and see what I decide! lmao i probs wont even get job

since you are only 5 weeks just dont tell them... most people dont find out they are pregnant until 12 weeks anyways! then once you work there act like you just found out!

im evil

I wouldnt mention it until i was 12 weeks just to be on the safe side.

I would tell them. Employers aren't stupid. They'll work out by dates you were pregnant when they hired you. It's only fair. But as everyone else has said, they can't not hire you because of it.

Honesty is always the best policy.

That's what I was thinking... they would know I deliberatley didn't tell them. Hmm will wait and see if i get offered a second interview first

My thinking is... if they won't hire you because you are pregnant do you really want to work for them anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->