Joining the library

I

Ilikecake

Does anyone know if you need ID? I kinda racked up some big late payments that I never paid because of various family/life issues :blush: If you don't need ID then I can put OH's last name...I know it's naughty but I really miss reading!

Thankyou :flower: My address is different since then. It's just the whole name issue :wacko:

ever since the documentry that the monster raving looney party made (my friend made and stared in it) called going going gone you need ID.
they did a documentry where my friend got a library card becuse you didnt need id for it under a fake name then got things like a video card then used that to get another form of photo id and just built up getting more important id each time using the last to get it till he eventualy got a passport and travled around europe on it.
The point of the documentry was to show how easy it was to get a fake passport and use it under the (at the time) identification laws, and yes he got into alot of trouble for it :)

Sorry if I offend/upset you but can't work out from your sigs if you have a child. If so could you sign him up? I have a card and so does my little boy do.t eveñ read names when tàking out books just use whichever comes out purse first

You do need ID to prove who you are and there will probably be a record of everything you owe.

I lost some library books through moving around and forgot all about it. I went to join the library a few years later and they mentioned it and told me some silly amount that I owed. Once I explained what had happened and that i hadnt took the books on purpose they decided to wipe the fee, so I didnt have to pay.

Go in and explain to them whats happened. Chance are they will be really understanding. xxx

I joined the library last week and I DIDNT need ID, however if I want to take out a DVD I will have to take some kind of ID in before hand, but for books etc I didnt need ANY ID at all

I left my card at home and they wouldnt let me take anything out without any proof of name/address so it will be the same for joining.

If you can join a child up they dont have late fees!

OH signed up last week and he didnt need anything - was going to suggest signing LO one up x

Can you take out adult books on a child's ticket??

Maybe you could get OH to join & then use his card?

Thanks girlies. Will see if OH will join. I'm signing my LO up anyway but doubt you'd be able to take adult books out on babies cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->