joint banking?

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
How many people here have joint accounts for banking with your SO? Or do you have seperate ones? Or both? One together and then an individual savings each?

We've honestly just never thought about it, but have been thinking of getting a joint account together as it may just be easier. We arn't married yet, but we've lived and been together for a long time and are just going to wait to get married now until after this baby.

Neither of us really puts any set amount on bills, we just pay them. But we have each had to give money to each other for things in the past, which wouldnt happen if we had a joint account??

I think it may just be easier?

Me and OH have talked about a joint bank account. But that was for savings. And that would of been no money could get taken out with both our signitures.

But now babies coming along I think it would be handy to have a joint one. But then again I'm earning no money so its just him. Why bother?! Argh I dont know.

ever since me and OH moved in together we opened up a joint account!! We have our seperate money and then an account where all the bills come out of!! He gets paid 4 weekly so he gives me £700 ever 4 weeks for that pay period!! Soon it will be more he has to give me as obviously I wont be working!!

I find it sooooooooooo easy that way!! We both are effectively paying the same (which Im totally happy with... ) and there are NO arguements about money or anything!!! I think if he was left to pay the bills then lots of things would go unpaid... and charges via direct debit and stuff!!! He is useless at money!!! :):)

We got a joint account when we sorted a mortgage out. Before that we´d kept separate accounts and just paid half each on rent and bills etc, but when we took out the mortgage, it just seemed easier to stick everything into one account. Its worked out fine.

Me and OH have a joint account. Have had it for about 2 years now. Its so much easier. Both wages paid into it....all the bills come out then we share whats left.....We dont actually sit down and go thats yours and thats mine but If i wanna buy something i do and so does he. Some months ill spend a fortune and he wont spend much and vice versa. Gotta say it works for us :) XXX

We have joint banking and separate accounts. I've got two separate accounts one I never use anymore so should just close, the other I now rarely use but know all the details off by heart so it's handy! My husband has a separate current account and savings account. These are really relics from before we were married. We use the joint account for just about everything though my DH has been rubbish and never gets round to changing his bank details with HR so always has to transfer his salary over after being paid. We have a joint savings account and the mortgage, the last three of which are all connected for better rates.

I find it is plenty easy having joint banking. We don't really argue. Now the baby is on its way there are no fallings out at all as we don't buy anything without the other's permission! We're more likely just to be worried about how we'll have no money during my leave however thrifty we are!

Me and OH have our own accounts that our wages get paid into, then another account which is joint. On the 1st of the month we each put £700 into the account and the bills come out of that one. It works well but there are hiccups sometimes!

we have our own accounts and a joint account for rent and bills and when we buy things together. i like the fact we have our own accounts as well coz then we cant have a go at each other for things we buy because its our own money. xx

My DH and I have pretty much always had a joint account that we pay all the bills out of and use to buy things we want. Some months I'll buy more for me, sometimes he'll buy more for him but it always seems to work for us :D

xx

My money is his money and his money is my money. It's all the same thing. So yeah we have a joint account.

Me and OH are looking into getting a mortgage together so we'll be gettinga joint account for that and household bills and baby stuff. We're going to put the same amount into the joint account but still have seperate ones for individual purchases like clothes for ourselves or new CDs etc etc.

With ours I never felt it would be fair to put equal amounts of money into a joint account and keep the rest because I earn quite a bit more than my DH and so he'd have no spending money and our bills wouldn't get paid! No, we share it all.

With ours I never felt it would be fair to put equal amounts of money into a joint account and keep the rest because I earn quite a bit more than my DH and so he'd have no spending money and our bills wouldn't get paid! No, we share it all.

Aw thats fair enough. OH earns £80 or something more than I each month but he also has credit cards and a loan to pay off. I'm not helping him pay them off b/c it was for a new motorbike and a new guitar :dohh:

Aw thats fair enough. OH earns £80 or something more than I each month but he also has credit cards and a loan to pay off. I'm not helping him pay them off b/c it was for a new motorbike and a new guitar :dohh:

lol I owned our first house so we used equity from that to pay off my car loan and the wedding loan so debt free. But not for long once baby is here! I'm a generous lady!

Me and OH have had a joint account for over a year now. Best thing we ever did. We share everything and the bills all come out of 'our' account. It works for us :)

Joint account. Not a problem at all. I have frequently heard people say they have separate to keep from fighting. But honestly, we never fight about money. We have a $20 limit that we can spend without talking about it first; anything over that we talk about, really just to make sure there is enough money in the account and we don't overdraw ourselves. But when he wants something he gets it and when I want something I get it and when we have no money, we don't buy nothin' ;-D I have always just felt if you can't sit down and work out solutions to money issues together, how are you going to sit down and work out problems to tougher situations. Just my humble opinion.

Before I was married..we both have our separate checking and savings. After were married, he gives me all his money. :happydance:

We still have our separate accounts and now a joint account.
I take care of all our bills/expenses. Wutever is left, goes pretty much into savings for holiday and future baby stuff. I manage money better than he could.

It does makes life easier when we have one statement where all the expenses are drawn from. I barely even touch my separate accounts anymore.

The day we got married we opened a joint account. All our earnings are paid into one account, and all the bills & purchases come out of that account. Some months/years he works more, sometimes I work more, and it all works out even in the end :)

hmm cool! Thanks everyone, I think we will be getting a joint account soon. I was thinking of opening a savings account now first with a specific bank because of their interest offer. And then maybe we will a different account and I will keep the savings account. He already knows about it, im just the better person at saving long term cash.

DB and I still have our seperate accounts but we have a joint one too and all our money is pooled. The joint account is used for mortgage and direct debits - elec bills, etc. DB pays a chunk of his wages into this account each month. My account is used for our savings, and anything left after being transferred to joint account for the bills in his account is used for our day to day expenses.
Works for us. We're one family now even though not married, and as I wonmt be earning soon it makes sense to pool all our resources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->