• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joint pain?

bulldogmom09

Reaction score
Anyone else having this? I am 8 weeks and 4 days. My hips feel like they're being pulled apart like a wishbone, and my knees and feet ache constantly. I haven't gained any weight yet so I'm not sure why my knees and feet would be hurting. I go back to my dr on November 14 so I'm planning on asking, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?

I have been having achey legs at night, sometimes my hips and knees hurt... my Dr said it's from the relaxin hormones and normal... I go back on Monday!

Night is when everything hurts the worst. It definitely makes it hard to sleep.

That sounds a bit like SPD especially what you said about your pelvis feeling like a wishbone being pulled apart. Mine started around 8 weeks too this time.

Google it and see if your symptoms fit. It's worth mentioning to your doctor or midwife since you might need a physio referral.

yay hormones!!!!!

Hormones loosen up our muscles which then impact our ligaments. This cause the most pain in our joints which use the ligaments.

So even though you havent any weight gain there will be pain. More stretching pain than pain from the possible added pressure of carrying extra weight.

Yup i ache from my waist down! Especially when i get home from work and sit down for a bit. Back, hips, legs, knees! Im 10 weeks and been having this for a couple weeks xx

I remember last time my hips were killing me night by this time, like when you sleep on a hard floor. I got a body pillow and put it between my legs and that helped!

This time I had achey joints and stiff hands in the 2ww and now just got stiff hands every now and then in bed.

Sounds like SPD to me. It can start very early because of hormonal changes :( Try to get a doc or midwife to refer you to a physical therapist who specializes in SPD / PGP in pregnancy. For nights, I recommend a slide sheet to help you roll and switch sides with less pain and a pillow between your legs to keep them apart, helps a lot. Sorry you're in pain, I hope it doesn't progress when the bump gets bigger :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->