Jolly Jumper and Bumbo Chair Advice Please

Murphy98

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just purchased a free standing Jolly Jumper....but am nervous about using it still. My son stands great with our help and sits well with our help too - he's holding his head up pretty good but his head still wobbles a little. When can you start using them for short periods of time? we have the same question about the bumbo chair - do you have to wait till they hold their head up with no wobble at all or do these help them build their muscles?

Sounds like he'll be fine just try him for short periods and if he's anything like my lo he'll let you know when he wants out! X

i have a jumparoo for my lo same concept as jolly jumper. He can hold his head ok and is fine in his jumparoo...he loves it. I only put him in for ten fifteen minutes a day but hes happy and he is steady x

I think you are fine to put him in both of them for smaller amounts of time. Once he has full head control, you can put him in for longer. :)

Not sure if people will jump on this but I put a magazine behind his head in the bumbo chair to help give him head support. It tucks nicely behind his back so his head doesn't fall back.

Thanks guys I think we'll try for a short stint and see how he reacts. I think the magazine idea is creative - whatever works!

:flower:

Our LO started using the jumperoo at 12 weeks. He was able to hold his head up since birth and loved standing with help at 4 weeks. At 12 weeks, he was able to touch the floor with his tippy toes when he was sitting in the jumperoo. It took a few days for him to get the hang of jumping, but he loves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->