Jolt of Pain in Lower Back

PrettyInInk42

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Hey all, very happy to be here in 2nd Tri.

I've been having a little bit of soreness in my lower back and left hip, but it hasn't been too bad. However, yesterday I went on two 40-min walks and I've been having some pretty bad lower back pain. It almost feels like someone's tasing me when I'm simply walking or bending over certain ways. One friend said it was probably cuz I was carrying my purse and a few groceries on my walk and another said it's cuz my "pelvis is out of whack" right now. This is my first pregnancy, so I guess my body's just getting used to the changes.

I was able to go to the gym with almost no problem today though. It still hurt to walk at times, but I was able to jog for 5 mins at 5mph and do 30 mins on an elliptical with no pain, but doing a few stretches afterward hurt.

Anyone dealt with this before? And any advice on treatment?

I've kinda had that feeling before. No clue what it was. But maybe pace yourself a bit more when it comes to working out. I bet you are, but if your body is having negative reactions it's probably time to slow down even more.

I've kinda had that feeling before. No clue what it was. But maybe pace yourself a bit more when it comes to working out. I bet you are, but if your body is having negative reactions it's probably time to slow down even more.

I was totally fine when I was working out though. It's literally when I walk at a normal, or even slowish, pace. And when I have to bend down or get up from being seated.

Yeah, I get that. I've experienced it too. Exercise takes a completely different toll on your body during pregnancy. But it doesn't seem to be anything major. Maybe call the doc, cause I'm just talking from experience. I have no clue what it could be. Definitely not telling you to stop working out.

Oh, man. I got this feeling when I picked up my 43-lb nephew a few weeks ago. I kept getting that "tasing" feeling, as you described it perfectly, off and on for a few days, maybe a week. I'm not positive how long it lasted for me. I pick up my 5-year-old all the time, and he's about 41 lbs, but it could have just been the way I held my nephew or the way I lifted him. Maybe even his weight distribution. I'm not sure! Thank goodness, that pain is long gone for me, but I still remember that awful shooting YIPE!

Sorry that I can't give you a definitive answer on this, but I kept stretching and breathing through the pain to get rid of it. It HURT to stretch, yes, so I just took it real easy. We've definitely gotta be more careful these days. :)

There's a hormone called relaxin released during pregnancy that relaxes your joints. Exercise might be fine because you're flexing, keeping your hips in alignment, but maybe you aren't while walking. I'd just suggest being careful, stretching (gently because it's easier to overextend) and making sure your muscles are toned enough to keep you oriented while walking. But all that's just a theory, so perhaps discuss with your doctor or a fitness trainer who specializes in pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->