Joshua Leslie Hutchison - emergency c section...

Pixie

Reaction score
After being told by the midwife last Thursday that I was only 4/5th's engaged and likely to go overdue I was gutted, I didn't want to have to wait another 3 weeks to meet my little man - well I got my wish!! After reading one of the posts that Jacqui wrote about Raspberry leaf tea I took myself off to Holland & Barrett and bought 2 packs. I drank two cups on Friday afternoon, off to bed I went as normal ....

I was woken up at about 3.30am on the Sat morning by what I thought was the need to go to the toilet.. I went to the loo, back in bed but the pains kept on coming... I was watching my clock ... every 7 mins... I decided to get up at 4am and used my contraction timer... by 5am they were every 6.30 they were every 6 and a half mins... I left it a bit longer as still wasn't sure that I was in labour. It got to 7am and they were every 5 mins lasting 30 - 40 seconds so I ran myself a bath - they then went straight to every 3 and a half mins lasting 50 - 60 secs and were getting painful. I rang the labour ward and they said I was in the early stages of labour and to try and stay at home as long as I thought I could manage the pain... I lasted till 11.30 and it was too much -I rang them back and they asked me to come in.

Got to the hospital at 12.30 and they said that they wouldn't check me to see how dialated I was till 4pm!! After what seemed like a lifetime of bouncing on my birth ball 4pm came and I was 4cm dialated!! I was soooo happy!! By this time I needed something so started with gas & air.. by 6pm I was 6cm & 8pm was 8cm so all looked on track... By 9pm I was 9cm but my waters hadn't broken, the midwife broke my waters and they found that the baby had pooed inside me. Wasting no time they strapped a heartbeat monitor to me, baby seemed fine but I had gone back to 7cm - the waters had been pushing down on my cervix but baby was still too far up. The next few hours were a blur but all of a sudden the room filled with about 10 different people and I was told baby was in too much distress and I needed an emergency section. It was that urgent that i was put under a general rather then an epi, babies heartbeat had gone down to 60 beats per minute. Very scary closing my eyes I was worried what news I would wake up to but when I opened my eyes there was my beautiful little boy - completely healthy!!

Joshua Leslie Hutchison was born at 2.09am on 26th April and he is the most amazing thing to ever happen to me - I love him so much!!

Here are some pics ....

Attachments

• 100_0027.jpg
    100_0027.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_0025.jpg
    100_0025.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 28
Congratulations he is beautiful x

Aww that must have been a very scary experience but your little boy is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

Congratulations!

congrats he's beautiful. xx

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Well done honey!!!

Hes gorgeous:cloud9:

Beautiful.

What a dramatic entrance he made into the world.

Well done.

V xxxx

he's gorgeous - congratulations!!! xx

Congratulations!!!

Awwww how cute does he look in that 2nd piccy?!! He is lovely! x

Congratulations!!!

Awwww how cute does he look in that 2nd piccy?!! He is lovely! x

Thanks hun - my boyfriend thinks that hat makes him look like a little smurf!! :rofl:

Aww hun he's gorgeous. Congratulations xx

glad he arrived safe and sound!!! congratulations xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"