Joshua Norchi 23/12/2008

indianorchi

Reaction score
I was due to give birth on the 12th but he wasn't ready to come out.
I went in with my mum and OH to be induced on the 23rd at 11am which I was a bit upset about but was extremely excited to meet him.
I had the first Prostin at 12:45 and everything felt normal. OH and I got very bored so I sent mum home for snacks, cards and my laptop.
When my mum got back to the hospital (around 3:30) I told her I had a tummy ache that felt like period pains and my tummy was rock hard. She said 'Ooh this could be it' and got all excited.
By about 4:00 I was having contractions every 3 minutes (talk about all of a sudden!) and my waters broke at around 6:30. We told the lady (so many different roles, hard to tell who's who!!), but she checked the sheets and didn't see any wet on the sheet so didn't believe me. A few minutes later a load more came out which she did see :laugh2:
7:00 I was taken to the delivery room and my contractions were so painful I was on gas and air as soon as she said I could. I tried walking around and bouncing on the birthing ball but it was just way too much pain for me so I kept going back to the gas and air. I tried to lie down because I felt so tired and drunk :blush: but it made it more painful so I went back to the ball.
The midwife offered me Pethidine which I initially turned down as I wanted to do it with as little pain relief as possible, but when I asked how much longer I had and she said if I was lucky he'd come in the early hours of the morning I reluctantly gave in.
OH went out the room for a few minutes at around 10:30 and all of a sudden I got the urge to push. It felt similar to being violently sick but without the vomit thank goodness!
I started screaming 'Where's Luke!?' and I was calmly told he'd gone for some fresh air. I was starting to panic and told them that the baby was about to come out and someone needed to find him.
Mum came running back in the room with my shocked OH and I started to push more regularly. I wasn't really with it at this point due to the pain relief :cry: but I remember only being able to push three times in one 'session' and he kept sliding back up.
I screamed the 'F' word a couple of times and my legs would not stop shaking. When I felt myself tear I asked the midwife 'Was that you or the baby!?' because it felt like she was jabbing me with a needle!
I felt his head and then I was determined to get him out so I pushed as hard as I could and at 10:49 my beautiful baby Joshua was born weighing 7lbs 10oz.
OH cried his eyes out bless him and said he missed the final part as his eyes were too full of tears and by the time he'd wiped them Joshua was out.
He came out crying and Luke cut the cord.
It was such an amazing experience :cloud9:
Joshua's first cuddle with mummy, first cuddle with daddy and first bath at home:
https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b290/iconsyeah/DSC00260.jpg
https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b290/iconsyeah/DSC00261.jpg
https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b290/iconsyeah/DSC00353.jpg

aww hes gorgeous congrats and well done xx

Congratulations!! Great name!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member