Journals...

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
I dont know where to post this so popped it in here as I know you lot better and value your opinions!

Wobbs started a thread on what would you like to see on BnB but I cant find it otherwise it would have gone in there :(

Anyway, does anyone else ever worry that journals are public? ie people who arent members and who arent logged on can see?

I wouldnt mind in the slightest a random stranger reading any of my posts - thats the whole point of a forum, but I do think id prefer my journal to be restricted to members only.

Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me being a fussy cow?! lol

Hey hun
I know what you mean and that thought has grossed my mind, suggest it to Wobbles and see what she thinks. I guess if its someone who wants to see your journal that bad they would just sign up anyway whether they intend on using the forum or not. I do think its a good idea.
Hope your having a good weekend
x

Thanks hun, having a good day today following on from rubbish one yesterday! Hope you are having a good one too. :hugs:

Shall I see if I can add a poll to this to see who thinks it would be a good idea then if enough people say the same i'll ask wobbs xx

Cant add a poll but would love to know if others think the same xx

I've brought it to admins attention. The thread about suggested improvements/areas is in General Chatter I believe

Yep I would agree with that, Thats a great idea that only people signed in/members can read journals. Dont mind "outsiders" lol reading normal posts, but Journals are a bit different. xx

hey! Yes I also agree, im not sure that I would like it open to everyone to see... only the members of the forum, as I think we all have a sort of inate trust towards one another!

I hope ur all enjoying this wonderful sunday!

xxx

Yes I agree! I have actually re written a couple of my posts before submitting them because I have thought twice about the information given.

I know it would be relatively easy to sign up if you really wanted to do some stalking, but I think it'd put off randomers (is that even a word?!) reading.

Also, I was wondering if they come up on a google search?! I'll go investigate now.....

Edited to add: yes they are googleable, but then I suppose you need to be specific in your choice of googleness.

Yeh, I do think it would be better to be honest. Not that it stops me at the moment, but in an ideal world I think it would be better if it was hidden for members only :) x

I have often thought the same and would love them to be locked down a bit more as I worry about random people seeing them.

xxx

I think thats a good idea, only members should be able to see them :)

Cheers girls, I didnt know if maybe it was just me being a bit paranoid!

I think Lou is right re the trust thing.

Dimbo - absolutely love that you questioned randomers being a word but not the word 'googleable' :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->