Juice Diet

very bad.
i was reading other day starving yourself/skipping meals is wrong way to diet. It slows your BMR down hell of alot you needthis to work quickly to burn fat at a better rate, why you need to consume a min of 1200 cals eating every 2.5/3hrs a day.
also quick weightloss is not healthy ( off your other post)
1-2lba week is heathly less likely for a regain.

its not a long term diet. theres one which lasts a week and boosts your metabolism etc

no food intake boosting yourr BMR sounds very unlikely.
as it needs the energy from food to make it work better.. soon as you eat probably regain.. like when your ill & can only manage fluids as soon as you eat regardless what it is you gain lbs back.
your call at end of the day

Hun, stopping food intake is not going to increase your metabolism!! There are certain exercises that are supposed to help your metabolism and digestion. Try googling them then maybe try the slim fast 3,2,1 diet :shrug: by combining the two you should be able to achieve the weightloss you want but in a much healthier way :flower:

hii!! honestly, yes i did it before pregnancy and its bloody amazing...
its not healthy long term, but its not a diet either, its a detox, so only do it for a week or so.
I wont lie, it makes you poop like crazy...and as long as your not consiece of a bit of wind, then go for it!!

I recommend either doing it one day a week, with a good diet every other day, or one week out of 4 if you really wanna lose the weight.

Basically buy a decent juicer (only about £25 in argos or something), NOT a blender or smoothie maker....a JUICER.

And get yourself all different fruit and veg, mix them all up what ever way you want and have at least 6 of these a day, plus 2 litres of water to flush you out.

IT DOES WORK, just dont do it long term , its not pleasant and you'll smell :)

xx

hii!! honestly, yes i did it before pregnancy and its bloody amazing...
its not healthy long term, but its not a diet either, its a detox, so only do it for a week or so.
I wont lie, it makes you poop like crazy...and as long as your not consiece of a bit of wind, then go for it!!

I recommend either doing it one day a week, with a good diet every other day, or one week out of 4 if you really wanna lose the weight.

Basically buy a decent juicer (only about £25 in argos or something), NOT a blender or smoothie maker....a JUICER.

And get yourself all different fruit and veg, mix them all up what ever way you want and have at least 6 of these a day, plus 2 litres of water to flush you out.

IT DOES WORK, just dont do it long term , its not pleasant and you'll smell :)

xx

:rofl: thanks for advice!!

i think im going to give it a try xx

All this stuff about slowing your metabolism down is not as powerful as everyone in here seems to think. Sure you body has an initial panic and tries to hold onto your fat, but that only lasts a week or so. Our bodies do not go against physics. It's calories in vs. calories out. If you eat (or in your case drink) less calories than you burn you WILL lose weight. PERIOD. It's not like if you eat under a certain caloric level that you will magically not lose a pound. That's why holocaust survivors and anorexics are so skinny. because they eat so much less then they burn. The evidence that starving yourself does work as a weight loss method is EVERYWHERE.

Now is it healthy? HELL NO! I'm not saying it's healthy at all. It's very unhealthy. But does it work? Extremely well. And another thing people don't seem to realize is just how many calories are in juice. If you drink enough you would not be starving yourself at all. You would need to take some vitamins and not stay on the diet for an extended period of time because your nutrition isn't balanced. Still, if you do it for a few weeks it's not like you are going to kill over and die. Especially if you have extra weight to lose. I also think it's odd that people on slim-fast think a liquid diet is a bad idea.

thanks cooney- yeah i dont really understand some things you've pointed out either. i defo wouldnt go on it long term. its just to give me a boost. i take vitamins and things just now anyway and would continue to take them. have you done a juice diet yourself? thanks for answering :)

thanks cooney- yeah i dont really understand some things you've pointed out either. i defo wouldnt go on it long term. its just to give me a boost. i take vitamins and things just now anyway and would continue to take them. have you done a juice diet yourself? thanks for answering :)

No, I think I love food way too much. I am however on a massive calorie reduced diet. The thing is I think I could have like 3 sandwiches for the calories in a days worth of juice, so I think for me personally, I would ingest more calories drinking juice to try and feel full than eating actual food. :dohh:

No problem on the answering. People are just so ill informed sometimes. I hear the "less you eat the more weight your body will hold onto" argument at least once a day for the past 6 months and it's really getting to me. I have lost 70+ lbs in 6 months (81 if you count the weight i lost before i started dieting but after I had my daughter) eating a very calorie low diet and yet friends of mine still continue to tell me I won't lose weight. ??? do they not see me?!

Also, a friend of mine had gastric bypass surgery and lost GOBS of weight. Something like 20+ lbs a month for months and months. And a DOCTOR did this to her. :shrug: Really makes you think. Maybe not all doctors agree on what the safe amount of weight to lose a week is. :shrug: Just a thought.

yeah i totally agree with u.
its just to lose weight before i meet someone and then it will just be a healthy eating plan from there.
i know some weight will go back on but i will lose that over time with healthy eating anyway.
i just need a quick fix just now :)

yeah i totally agree with u.
its just to lose weight before i meet someone and then it will just be a healthy eating plan from there.
i know some weight will go back on but i will lose that over time with healthy eating anyway.
i just need a quick fix just now :)

I understand. You won't gain the weight back overnight. In fact as long as you don't eat more than you are burning it is impossible to gain weight back, no matter how you lost it. The reason most people gain weight after crash dieting is because cash diets do not teach you how to eat properly for the rest of your life.

This is the problem I have had with Cambridge diet and slim fast, and why I chose weight watchers. WW teaches you how to deal with real food in the real world, because you cant drink shakes for the rest of your life, and if all you know how to do is drink shakes, once you get to your goal one risks gaining it all back because they still have not been taught how to eat properly and thus, go back to old eating habits.

As long as you watch what you eat after your juice Diet, you should keep the weight off. If you go back to eating over how many calories you burn, you will gain weight. This is true no mater how you lose weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->