Juice - diluted

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I bought some baby juice today - some of you dilute it.... normal tap water? Would bottled bought water be ok or do I have to boil & cool?

And normal juice ...what age is that ok? Baby juice is 4months+

Any tips or how you do it please? x

can baby have juice from 4 months?

wow

I can't wait to try bubba with different things like this.

Sorry, I'm rubbish arnt I? No advice for you

Id use boiled/cooled personally, when shes 6 months I think tap would be fine as long as it's filtered if you live in a hard water area and you need to be careful with some bottled water as they are not suitable for little ones. I buy Evian if I buy bottled.

Normal juice, id have thought from 6 months but make it more like flavoured water rather than juice. I prefer giving Bethanie water most of the time, then every so often she has juice.

Hope that helps.

I have the heinz baby juice from 4 months and I dilute it with cool boiled water,

x

I give Colton juice already. He had REALLY bad problems with constipation and it helped. I only do 2oz of baby juice to 2oz of water a day, around noon; and he poops at least once a day now, and he doesn't cry when he tries like he used to.. and we have been able to stop giving him suppositories. We've changed his formula three times and he has been on meds for his constipation.. but so far the juice has been the best!
I just use tap water. We have city water here though and it's supposed to be the best for babies. My pediatrician told us that anyways. My sister-in-law's pediatrician said it's because it has floride in it.

:lol: newt x

Thanks girls - I want to dilute her juices anyway now & 6 months+ thejuice is pure flavour ...hence the water question. Thanks for the tip on bottles water. We did wonder if tap water filtered but not boiled would be ok.

no filter water or bottle water for babies, I enquired into this for our hols and also read somewhere that you shouldnt use filter water to fill your kettle to make bottles

You can filter your water for bottles! Also confirmed it through HV but a lil info I found:
Tap water should be boiled for babies up to six months of age. After that it can be offered straight from the mains supply. If you wish to use a filter that is your personal choice, but do follow the filter manufacturer's instructions and keep filtered water in the fridge, as the filtering process removes some of the additives, such as chlorine, used to keep tap water fresh.

&

https://www.brita.net/uk/faqs_household.html?L=1#3

oooo thats good to know, where have I read that I wonder; probably dreamt it :laugh2:

ohhh have checked this up and it seems we have conflicting advice , mmmm why is there so much mixed advice out there; its no wonder we get confused :(

https://www.hipp.co.uk/your_baby/milk.htm

??

I use cooled boiled water to dilute juice for Oliver, but i usually just buy the Hipp ready to drink one..having said that Oliver finds it a bit too strong so usually have to add some extra water to it anyway! Normal juice can be given very diluted at 6 months, at least thats my GP told me. x

i gave the heinz baby juice till he was 6 months, now he has normal baby juice but very diluted, and i used to use cooled boile water but now i do it straight from the tap lol. xxx

ohhh have checked this up and it seems we have conflicting advice , mmmm why is there so much mixed advice out there; its no wonder we get confused :(

https://www.hipp.co.uk/your_baby/milk.htm

??
The companies like Brita would not say its ok if not

Where we lived the water was a bit YAK and our kettle was showing limescale LOADS that we noticed bits every couple of days so filtering the water is soft & clean but is perfectly fine.

If you see what they say though ;)
Water from a filter jug may also contain high levels of bacteria.

What does a normal kettle hold other than the waters not had a quick filter through?

:D

:) and its boiled anyway, is the filter water nice? I've always been meaning to buy a filter jug.

I think it may depend on your areas water too - We noticed a big difference in taste. Tea & coffee is much nicer. You could taste a difference for a very short while but I guess you expect to when you spend a fortune lol

I got an ebay bargain on the kettle (£50 in comet etc) and a years worth of filters on Amazon for just about £25 in total because I had some free Amazon vouchers as well as them being half price...was well pleased lol

I really must give it a try, our water is very good though and is tested in our area very regurlarly but I can imagine the filter water would be nice :)

i was told that you can use tap water from 6mths as baby can stomach it better. up till then i used boiled water that i had cooled

I aksed my HV about the juice thing as I started buying Heinz & HIPP and she told me not to use baby juice cos its actually worse than normal juice?

I've still not had the chance to compare .... :blush: but I stopped buying the baby juices as Noah was only having a tiny bit and the whole bottle was getting wasted (and they don't come cheap)

I just give him a drop of sugar free blackcurrant with cooled boiled water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->