Juice to a month old baby?? and nighttime formula?

letia659

mom to Jacob and Zander!
Reaction score
my friends baby is a month older than my LO and when we were visiting right after I had my LO I noticed her giving her baby juice already at a month old and asked about it and she said it was very watered down juice...I thought they were only supposed to have milk for the first at least 4 months so am I right on that or is it ok to give Juice that early...its been 5 yrs since I had a baby and I dont remember much but wanted to know about it...and when everyone is talking about weaning that is when you are introducing solids right? sorry if I sound dumb just havent done this in so long lol :dohh: oh and she was trying to push this formula on me that is for night time for them to sleep longer it supposed to thicken in their stomachs or something like that but I refuse to get it for one I only BF at night and for two it doesnt sound very good for baby or not a baby as young as that so has anyone heard of this and what do you think about it?? Im just curious...here is a link if you dont know what Im talking about...

https://www.enfamil.com/app/iwp/enf...id=-11901&iwpst=B2C&ls=0&csred=1&r=3430737953

That nighttime formula is VERY new over in the US. I personally don't agree with it AT ALL. Babies are supposed to eat small amounts at first, they are supposed to wake up and eat frequently. I don't think we should be stretching their stomachs by overfilling them with stuff like that just so they sleep longer...I think you should go by your baby they will sleep through when their body is ready to.

As for juice, I don't know why she would be doing that? It's not recommended to give any juice until atleast 6mo...some say 9-12mo too and even then it should always be watered down and isn't really needed. We barely give it to our boys now, ages 6, 4 and 2 and all of them still get it watered down. I personally think you should wait until a year old to give it at all

That nighttime formula is VERY new over in the US. I personally don't agree with it AT ALL. Babies are supposed to eat small amounts at first, they are supposed to wake up and eat frequently. I don't think we should be stretching their stomachs by overfilling them with stuff like that just so they sleep longer...I think you should go by your baby they will sleep through when their body is ready to.

As for juice, I don't know why she would be doing that? It's not recommended to give any juice until atleast 6mo...some say 9-12mo too and even then it should always be watered down and isn't really needed. We barely give it to our boys now, ages 6, 4 and 2 and all of them still get it watered down. I personally think you should wait until a year old to give it at all

yeah the formula is so new that she had to drive like 2hrs or more to find it which I thought she was crazy for lol but I dont think I would give it to my LO just because I think they need those feedings at night especially at that young of an age but to each their own she was just really pushing that I try it and I kept telling her that I bf at night so I wouldnt be trying it Im getting used to our schedule anyway its not so bad we wake at 12,3, and 5-6 :) and I didnt know your supposed to wait that long to give juice guess I really dont remember but I knew I didnt give my son anything but milk for at least 4-6 months guess you dont give juice when you start them on solids :dohh: thats what I was thinking...I think maybe but not for sure why she is doing is is because her baby is a very hungry baby and she is afraid of her gaining a lot of weight so maybe shes filling her with watered down juice instead of milk but not sure about that one just my theory from knowing her...

I hope that's not the case That would mean she isn't getting all the nutrients she needs if she's replacing milk feeds with juice instead. :( If so the nighttime formula wouldn't really make sense because it is overfilling them, stretching their bellies so they are going to want more to fill up. Maybe if her dr finds out from her talking about it they'll recommend something else. I would have to guess she hasn't talked to her dr about it, usually they have that first appt 1-2wks and then not again til 2mo here so maybe at that appt they will tell her it's not very good

nothing wrked with morgan, when he was 4mth old i tried hungry baby milk and he still didnt sleep any longer, he did it 2wk later and slept thro on the normal millk
as for juice we get some that says not b4 4mth and its babyjuice ive given morgan it a few times(hes nearly 5mth now tho) cos he was aving to many bottles
i defo wudnt give a baby anything eles part from milk under 4mth x

I hope that's not the case That would mean she isn't getting all the nutrients she needs if she's replacing milk feeds with juice instead. :( If so the nighttime formula wouldn't really make sense because it is overfilling them, stretching their bellies so they are going to want more to fill up. Maybe if her dr finds out from her talking about it they'll recommend something else. I would have to guess she hasn't talked to her dr about it, usually they have that first appt 1-2wks and then not again til 2mo here so maybe at that appt they will tell her it's not very good

well reason I thought that too was I was there and she started crying and she said is she really hungry again and gave her DH juice to feed her instead of milk...and her dr doesnt know about the nighttime formula or the juice she goes back next week for her 2 month visit IDK I dont know all the details just what she tells me...and that makes a lot of sense that she may be so hungry from them giving here that nighttime formula with it stretching her stomach well I dont think she would change anything even if the Dr said it was bad but I know now that I wont be giving juice until a lot later on and that nighttime formula doesnt sound like a good idea :nope:

nothing wrked with morgan, when he was 4mth old i tried hungry baby milk and he still didnt sleep any longer, he did it 2wk later and slept thro on the normal millk
as for juice we get some that says not b4 4mth and its babyjuice ive given morgan it a few times(hes nearly 5mth now tho) cos he was aving to many bottles
i defo wudnt give a baby anything eles part from milk under 4mth x

what is hungry baby milk?? is it kinda like the milk with the cereal in it I did that when my son was about 4 months I think but I didnt do anything like that until 4-6 months and my son was a very hungy lil man...I definatly wont be giving my LO anything other than milk before 4 months :)

just my imo on night milk its from 6 months and contains baby cerial ...no way would i ever give it my daughter ...by 6 months she as varied diet so doesnt need this ....juice at 1 month well depends why lily was 7 wks when she had a few tea spoons of pure oj for constipation

i wouldnt encourage juice at any age tbh, mine both had water and later on flavoured water, and i am now the proud happy mum of a 6 & 8 year old who take water to school and drink it no bother - i cant understand why everyone is so keen to rush these babies into having things they just dont need

i dont agree with nightime milk and the like either just to get a baby to sleep longer, they are supposed to wake and be fed little and often so bulking it up to get a longer sleep for yourself just seems wrong to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->