Juicing during pregnancy

AF_Momma

Reaction score
Since I can't tolerate my prenatal and barely even tolerate my flinstone kids gummy (due to bad ms) I have been trying to choose wisely in what I do/can eat to get nutrients. I thought about juicing at home to fill in the gaps. I've read some good/bad things about it. Concerns: Bacteria from fruit not being cleaned properly (but don't see how this is different than eating fruit which is recommended). Sugar: I'm not planning to juice every meal, just once or twice a day to get full nutrients from fruits/veggies and not use only fruit or add any extra artificial supplements.
Anyone have any experience with juicing during pregnancy? Tips? Recipes? Books/Internet sources? TIA

I make juice all the time. I wouldn't worry about bacteria from the fruit - you could always peel it if you're concerned. :thumbup: I do a green juice (mix of veg and a little apple for sweetness).

Thanks! Green juice actually sounds good. I'll give it a try with some veggies/apple :)

My juicer has been my life saver! I have been using it to make fruit slushies on days I have been really ill and light soups. I generally have 70% veg 30% fruit. I clean everything as I would if I was going to eat it so I am not worried about bacteria. I find it really helps wake me up as I gave up my 6 coffees a day the day I found out :cry: I miss coffee

I asked my doctor about it because we have a juice place right down the street... She said it would have to be my judgment call, but if they were squeezing it right there it was probably ok. You just don't want to be buying the unpasteurized stuff in bottles at the supermarket.

Yeah, it would be immediate juice and drink. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->