June baby - anyone else?

Most definitely will give that a go tonight and see how it goes.
For any UK ladies out there any thoughts on the NHS v Private clinics? In between two minds here. Also pessaries and aspirin were suggested by a private consultant today - can anyone discuss??? confused.com

I wish I had a cure Shaid - its something that gets most of us I think - its hard to be positive in the dark when you are tired but your mind wont shut off

Something l learnt from my stress counsellor from last (successful) pregnancy was a sort of mantra to help you switch off. You basically say, "my left arm is heavy" 3 times, my right arm is heavy x 3 - and do both legs, back, shoulders etc until you come to your heart where you say "my heart is quiet and at peace" - keep going until you drift off. It takes a while to concentrate and it would often take 4 or 5 trips round my body because my worries would kick back in -but it works. I think, like most of these exercises, its designed to make you focus on one thing and then that allows your mind to quieten and your body to let you sleep

Must start doing it again actually - I fell out of the habit

Mizze x

I really don't know I'm afraid.
You might better off posting in first trimester thread or preg after loss, somewhere where there will a bigger viewing number. Sorry I can't be more useful x

every scrap of info is great help at the moment but yes i think i will go and see the other threads :thumbup:
thanks

:wohoo: -rescan this morning after intial emergency scan last Friday (due to slight bleeding) saw a lovely lovely HEARTBEAT and teeny tiny baba - am measuring 6+ weeks not the 7 I would have been on my LMP so have moved myself back a few days on my ticker

I lost two in 2009 at this stage so for me that EPU only held bad memories - not any more :)

:cloud9: :cloud9:

Mizze xx

:wohoo: -rescan this morning after intial emergency scan last Friday (due to slight bleeding) saw a lovely lovely HEARTBEAT and teeny tiny baba - am measuring 6+ weeks not the 7 I would have been on my LMP so have moved myself back a few days on my ticker

I lost two in 2009 at this stage so for me that EPU only held bad memories - not any more :)

:cloud9: :cloud9:

Mizze xx

Oh that's the best news!!! Must have been so exciting! And you've exorcised the EPU demons, that's just brilliant.
Trying to convince hubby for early scan but he wants to wait till 12 weeks, what's with that?! Enjoy your weekend!

Hello all, Im Chris, 35 yr old mom of three sons ages 17,9, and 5. I remarried about a year and a half ago and have been TTC since January after the removal of mirena. Have not had a regular cycle since removal, and have been ovulating around days 7-10, day 7 this past cycle which would have been Sept 25. Had an appt this past Wednesday to talk to my doc about starting clomid to help lengthen my cycle and instead it turned into our first prenatal appt! Due to the irregular cycles they won't calculate an actual due date until my first unltrasound on Oct 23rd but Im guessing bwtn June 18-24. We are over the moon! Ive been feeling sick to my stomach for about a week now which is completely different for me bc none of my other pregnancies had MS. But as most of us know all pregnancies are different! Cant wait to get to know all of you. Best wishes to all!:happydance:

Hi Chris!! Congratulations on your bfp! :)

Mizze x

Hello all, Im Chris, 35 yr old mom of three sons ages 17,9, and 5. I remarried about a year and a half ago and have been TTC since January after the removal of mirena. Have not had a regular cycle since removal, and have been ovulating around days 7-10, day 7 this past cycle which would have been Sept 25. Had an appt this past Wednesday to talk to my doc about starting clomid to help lengthen my cycle and instead it turned into our first prenatal appt! Due to the irregular cycles they won't calculate an actual due date until my first unltrasound on Oct 23rd but Im guessing bwtn June 18-24. We are over the moon! Ive been feeling sick to my stomach for about a week now which is completely different for me bc none of my other pregnancies had MS. But as most of us know all pregnancies are different! Cant wait to get to know all of you. Best wishes to all!:happydance:

Congratulations! I wonder if you're due a girl this time then?! Same happened to me with my first as well, went to docs for referral to fert clinic and instead announced my pregnancy, was the best feeling. H&H pregnancy to you!

Im hoping so, butIm not gonna hold my breath lol. Although another friend of mine from HS has three girls and just found out today they are having a boy so maybe there is hope :)

FX for you Chris -are you actively hoping for a girl this time (I dont mean to imply you wouldnt be happy with another son btw!)?

Im in two minds - I had a feeling right from the start that my DD was a girl and ive loved having a girl and wouldnt mind another one but this time I have a feeling its a boy - that would be great too and it would mean I could buy boy stuff - we got given so many things for my DD that I hardly ever buy anything for her so I would have a lovely excuse to buy lots of baby boy stuff :)

Mizze x

Boys are fab! Think this pregnancy is also a boy. Got no pregnancy symptoms really, same as with Dexter. We also dtd right near ovulation so works out right. I would be very happy if it was another boy but equally would be happy with a girl, love the girls name we chose already (Seren). Boys names are HARD!
Days are ticking by slowly! Hurry up 12 weeks!

This pregnancy is roughly (so far) the same as my daughter and im not sure how close to OV I was when we dtd but I just have this feeling - now I could quite easily be wrong ive seen so many women convinced they are having one sex and end up with another!

Boys names are so much harder I agree- currently our favourite for a boy is James Patrick - Seren - is a lovely name - good welsh name! ;) We dont have a girl favourite yet though im thinking im set on Rose as a second name but there are so many lovely girls names to choose from. DH has nixed my first thought which was Amelie Rose as he says she will be called Am or Milly - Milly is the name of MIL's dog! Eeeek!

Mizze x

This pregnancy is roughly (so far) the same as my daughter and im not sure how close to OV I was when we dtd but I just have this feeling - now I could quite easily be wrong ive seen so many women convinced they are having one sex and end up with another!

Boys names are so much harder I agree- currently our favourite for a boy is James Patrick - Seren - is a lovely name - good welsh name! ;) We dont have a girl favourite yet though im thinking im set on Rose as a second name but there are so many lovely girls names to choose from. DH has nixed my first thought which was Amelie Rose as he says she will be called Am or Milly - Milly is the name of MIL's dog! Eeeek!

Ha ha, just seen your Welsh! Great name, love the fact it means "Star". Amelia Rose is very pretty! So my ideas, not jointly shared I must add, are Saskia Robyn or Seren Romilly for girls. Zero serious boy contenders yet. While Dexter sleeps I'll get on the case!

With all three previous pregnancies I just knew it was going to be a girl, and everytime during the ultrasound I saw that we would be having a boy. Its funny because my siblings all wanted boys and have all girls, and here Ive always wanted a girl and have all boys. This time around though Im really just happy to be having a little one join our family, no matter what the sex. My boys (ages 17,9 and 5) are all VERY actively hoping for a girl lol.
I have no idea about names tho...all of my boys have "J" names...Josh, Jackson, and Jarrett, so do I keep with a "J" name or if I don't is this child gonna feel like the odd one out? But, if that is the only problem I have with this pregnancy than I will be happy as all get out!! :)

Hi all, I am 35 and 5 weeks pregnant with my first, edd is June 18th, 2013. I have had 2 miscarriages and remain cautiously optimistic.

Hi Maddmin -welcome!

FX for you x

mizze xx

How are you all?
Been an eventful one here. 21 month old boy has just broken out with chicken pox. Luckily I have had it so bean isn't in danger I hope. Also managed to burn my hand quite badly last night which was a bit painful to say the least, clumsy preg hormones, always blame the ligaments!
7 weeks today, my ticker says otherwise, but 7 weeks it is, very happy about this!
Hope you're all well

Maddmim ..saying a prayer that all is well with you. I think we have the same due date, by my calculations at least. Having first u/s Tuesday to confirm.

MrsPhez...35 here at least for another two months :blush:
Hope your weekend gets better

Ooh Mrs Pheze ouch! Hope you and Dexter both feel better soon.

Had a horrible day yesterday in terms of sickness etc. Awful headache too. Bit better today. Had taken off my sea sickness bands to shower and hadn't put them back on. :( at least I now know they work!

On the upside I chose my birthday pressie ring from a local artist :)

Am 40 this coming week. Eeeeekkkk!

Mizze x

Ooh Mrs Pheze ouch! Hope you and Dexter both feel better soon.

Had a horrible day yesterday in terms of sickness etc. Awful headache too. Bit better today. Had taken off my sea sickness bands to shower and hadn't put them back on. :( at least I now know they work!

On the upside I chose my birthday pressie ring from a local artist :)

Am 40 this coming week. Eeeeekkkk!

Mizze x

Poor you, good to know those bands do work. Your present sounds lovely! Hope you have a really lovely 40th, life begins now!
Still not really believing I'm pregnant, haven't seen a midwife yet for booking in and not many people know, no family. I have at least stopped preg testing though......will phone mw at 8 weeks which is protocol at my surgery.
Just off for sausage sandwiches mmmmm, must say my diet has gone a bit downhill, getting all my vits thought but supersizing my portions! Hope you're having a grand weekend.

Hi ladies, can i join you? I'm not 35til feb but have 4 kids - 2 girls 14 & 9 with ex husband and 2 boys 4 & 3 with oh. We had early 2 m/c before our kids together. We had another little boy, Edward, in August last year who we lost from sudden infant death when he was 4weeks 5 days. Then we had Emily in April this year at 25 weeks who we lost at 2 days due to extreme prematurity. So had a bit of a crappy time but here we are again...7 weeks 3 days today and cautiosly hoping we get to keep this one for always!
Someone asked about aspirin or suppositories - sorry on phone so cant see who - are they progesterone suppositories the dr suggested? What did you want to know about them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->