June Jitterbugs 2013 - Journey to get fit

Jellycat

Reaction score
Now us June Jitterbugs 2013 have had our babies - time for us to get fit and lose weight

Here to support all diet plans, the losses and the gains

Members:

Jellycat :pink: Slimming World - First Goal 10lbs - loss 0lbs
Yoshy :blue: - First Goal 46lbs - loss 26lbs
Misslissa
Cottlestonpie :blue: :blue: - First Goal 21lbs - loss 0lbs
Optimistic1 :pink:
Tartlet - Goal 55lbs
S4T. - Goal 5kg

Second member!
Immediate Goal: another 20lbs on top of the 26 or so I've lost so far.
Long term goal: 40lbs more, so I can get down to under 80kg.
Lost so far: 26 down from preggo weight, none yet from new goal.

I'm in, although I not weighing for a bit yet. Still in recovery and bonding :)

Joining! Im going to weigh in tomorrow hopefully and work out goals from there. Fingers crossed I get the go ahead to start exercising at my 6 week post-op checkup in the morning.

I'm in! Need to tighten everything up and get my muscle tone back! Won't be weighing in until 6 week appointment but I'm excited to see what the scale says I gained 40lbs while pregnant and I'm already able to wear pants I wasn't able to months before I got pregnant.

So ladies, how sre you planning on getting fit? I'll hopefully be doing a combination of aquafit, wii fit (getting a free wii from a friend of dh and wii fit and board for a fiver!) and workout dvds. I wanted to do couchto5k but cant get out enough and dont have a treadmill.

Anyone recomnend any dvds. Instanity looks wayyy too much for me just now. I've got Davinas post-natal workout and 30 dsy shred. Any others I should mixv them up with?

Oh yeah, my first goal is to lose 21lb... I'll probably start a tumblr to talk about the mundane stuff.

I have absolutely no clue what I'm going to do yet! I need something I can do at home in my free time while my daughters asleep. I thought about getting a dvd but I need something that's easy, effective, and cheap so decision making is hard. I'm not sure yet what my goal is I won't know until I get weighed at my 6 week appointment. But I know I want to weigh no more than 120 and for my height that's perfect and definitely no less than 100. Until I figure things out I'll probably just put on some music and dance around the house maybe throw in some squats here and there..

Now when working out do you have to diet also? I'm a junk food junky and don't know if id survive without my snacks lol I might not be able to handle the Debbie snack withdrawal! Plus I'm ebf and have to have all these extra calories! I could definitely cut out carbs if I have to though..well some...(I'm horrible at diets!)

I'm planning on following slimming world on my own initially I think with daily walks in the afternoon and home DVD/Xbox kinnect biggest loser, DVD is 30 day shred. These are the things I did last time after JJ but my weight initially stayed the same for months when following weightwatchers so hoping not to waste any time this time. Going to start back at the gym and build up my jogging to 5k.

Only got 4 more weeks before my 6 week sign off .

Typical day:
Breakfast - fruit and yogurt or scrambled egg on granary bread
Lunch - stir fry & veg or cup a soup veg and humous
Dinner - smaller portions and healthier

Next 4 weeks are putting together meal and snack options. As that's half the battle with me the planning

Optimistic, I think everyones different but for me it was probably 75% diet 25% exercise. Annoying since im a total foodie!
Jelly, I definitely need a food plan and at least a mental note of healthy dinners/recipies. I recently discovered that cracker bread is only 19kcal so i need to find ways of making it interesting. Also need to replace evening carbs with more veg. Oh... and maybe stop scoffing biscuits!

With sw they say you can eat as much carbs and meats as you want but at least 1/3 of your meal should consist of fruit and veg . That's why this diet worked for me in the past because I can't give up my carbs I love then too much.

My average day is usually something like this:

Morning: Depends on my mood. Can be anything from a piece of yeast cake to toast with marmite, usually around 300-400 calories.
Lunch: Either a sandwich of dark rye bread with cold cuts or a bowl of soup (I made AMAZING vegetable soup last week and there's still enough left for at least another day or two).
Dinner: Depends on what I manage. If I can, I like to try and make protein and carbs for dinner (so meat and pasta or potatoes, or fish, or that sort of thing).
Snacks: (throughout the day) 1-2 chocolate chip cookies or granola cookies, an apple, a packet of crisps, quite often I'll cut up cucumbers, carrots and/or red peppers, and snack on them with sour cream dip or thousand island dressing.
Drinks: I usually try to have at least one cup of fennel tea, and if we have it in the house, I'll drink a cup or two of orange juice as well. Other than that, I try to drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day (not always easy).

I'm planning to go to a dietitian at some point soon, just for one meeting, so I can get a better idea of what I should ideally be eating in order to have plenty of milk for Jesse, but still keep losing weight.

I don't tend to keep track on Friday night or Saturdays, but I'm pretty sure I'm managing to keep in my guidelines from myfitnesspal. Saturdays my meals are usually less structured. Lunch is always there and is usually big (I ate two chicken thighs at lunch yesterday! I was starving!), but other than that I don't tend to snack as much, and dinner is usually much smaller, as is breakfast.

Hiya ladies. Joining in here. My goal is to get to my pre-1st baby weight of 140. When I started this most recent pregnancy, I weighed 175 lbs. I ended up at 220. Down to 195 when I weighed Thursday (3 weeks PP). I'm not sure what I want to do yet to lose the weight. I've been seriously considering weight watchers, but unsure. Ideally, I'd love to be at my goal when Corrie is a year old. So that's 55 lbs to lose in just over 11 months (48 + weeks). What do you guys think? Attainable?

I need to lose about 5 kgs more to get back to my pre-1st baby weight as well. I want to be between 43kg-45kg. I am doing protein diet and it's working, will share the recipe soon. all the best to you all and much love.

s4t, how tall are you for only needing to be 43-45kg?

Tartlet I think that's attainable obviously weightloss will slow down near the end but it's attainable. I've tried weightwatchers but for me I was always hungry so I prefer slimming world where majority of food doesn't need to be measured out

You weigh less than half what I do! :haha:

Currently got to put my diet on hold ..... Midwife isn't happy that Flo hasn't regained her birth weight so she's put me on strict instructions not to diet and have a 2pt full fat milk banana and tablets drink to boost my milk. I'm also eating alot of flapjack too . Really hoping all this full fat dairy food doesn't make me add weight on :-0

Oy, I hope Flo starts gaining weight nicely soon!

You weigh less than half what I do! :haha:

Hight protein diet is magic!

for breakfast you need to have 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs if you want add tomato
around 10am eat one red grapefruit.
lunch eat 200g of chicken breast
around 2pm eat one apple
dinner eat 200g of salmon fish
8pm you can have half orange or carrote. and drink Green tea 30mintus after food and before food all day! try this diet for two weeks and you will lose alot! Good luck!

p.s must add green veg or leafy green salad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->