Just a boob?

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
So 5 weeks in and I am beginning to feel like all I am to Byron is a place to sleep and, more importantly, a pair of boobs. DH gets the playtime, Byron saves it for when I'm in the shower or whatever else is the one time in the day that I am doing something else. The moment he is passed to me or I join in he cries and wants feeding. I feed him and he falls asleep. It's all I see, a screwed up face in tears or an asleep one. I'm trying to keep my spirits up but each day is getting a little harder. When will this get better? Will it get better?

Aww Hun..! Im sure your Lo Loves u very much...he probably just smells milk when hes in your arms..My Lo is 11 weeks now and Ive found after about7 weeks they spend alot more of their time awake..!

Hope its better 4 u soon :D
x

You are much more than a pair of boobs and a place to sleep, you're a MUMMY! And his whole entire world. I agree, it is just a phase, stick it out, and don't be suprised if he goes through an "I want my mummy" phase next!

Hi nice to see you !!

I was told it gets easier after about 6-7 weeks its hard feeling just like a feeding machine, hang on in there !!

x

sorry its so tough. For me things got better after week 6 when LO could smile. It really helped when he could smile as I knew I was doing something right.

Just remember he cries because its the only way he can communicate and when you're near he can smell the milk and he loves it so much he just wants to get your attention to get to it. Only you can make him feel as relaxed and happy as that milk gets him!!

yes it WILL get better. Remmeber too thyt you're hormonal just now. It'll all settle down soon.

Aww I have been feeling very similar lately, especially as today he has been feeding every hour since last night... but OH gets to play with him and cuddle him without him needing anything else... but I believe it does get easier and I have tried to make special times for just me and him... like having a bath together, having a nap together in the afternoon and just staring at eachother when he is drifting off... or even after he has fed - having a cuddle together.

I hope it gets easier soon. xxx

sorry its so tough. For me things got better after week 6 when LO could smile. It really helped when he could smile as I knew I was doing something right.

You see that makes it worse. We got his first smiles on Friday, exactly 5 weeks. 2 for me then one for DH and then nothing. Nothing but whinge. So much so I began to fear I wasn't producing enough milk to satisfy him. He's been a misery ever since, except for occasional plays with dad. It's not even colic, I can tell the difference. Colic is ok because at least I know I can comfort him and that there's nothing more I can do! He smiles all the time in his sleep but just looks away or cries when he sees me now. It's really making me quite blue then everything spirals and I begin to fear PND. Plus I feel like he only wants to look at things and not faces. I'm always reading how interested in our faces the baby should be now and I know that a disinterest is a sign on autism (my nephew is autistic) so then I fear he will be autistic. It's like a kind of bloody hypochondria being a mum I think.

Hope it gets better for you Chellebelle.

You see that makes it worse. We got his first smiles on Friday, exactly 5 weeks. 2 for me then one for DH and then nothing. Nothing but whinge. So much so I began to fear I wasn't producing enough milk to satisfy him. He's been a misery ever since, except for occasional plays with dad. .

it takes a while for the smiling to get properly going though. give it time.
After 3 months my baby was like a totally different baby - so much more relaxed and happy. It all changed literally within a week of him turning 3 months. He did have colic but also just seemed miserable a LOT even when it didnt seem to be the colic. I was so sure he was unhappy and it was so hard.
:hugs:

hi hun, as you know i am bottle feeding but my milk still hasnt dried up yet and whenever she comes to me she cries and its because she is hungry yet when she is with Ian she really isnt interested in eating and will happily sit on his knee.
well done on smiles, OH has seen her do a few but she wont perform for me!

you know where i am hun if you need anything, i hope things ease for you soon
i cant give any future advice as Byron is 2 days older than Annabelle so i can only send hugs!!!
Lou
xxx

Yea my LO is like that still but it has got better the past few weeks. :hugs:

it takes a while for the smiling to get properly going though. give it time.
After 3 months my baby was like a totally different baby - so much more relaxed and happy. It all changed literally within a week of him turning 3 months. He did have colic but also just seemed miserable a LOT even when it didnt seem to be the colic. I was so sure he was unhappy and it was so hard.
:hugs:

Yeah I know it takes a while, I guess I just want to see that he ever feels happy! Thanks for you replies, everyone, I'm feeling a bit better now. Sometimes it just gets on top of me but I've had some space from Byron and then some cuddling and time with him just sitting on my knee looking about or dozing. It's good to know it will pass. Of course I know it will really, then a new problem will come along lol, but I don't want to wish away this precious early time so I feel sad that we are both of us feeling unhappy at all. The intermittent colic doesn't really help matters. Hope it passes quickly for others who feel like this too. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->