just a cute coincidence?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by isil, Oct 3, 2008.

1. isil

isil Well-Known Member

When I was pregnant, towards the end of my 2nd trimester, I was on teaching placement in a rec/yr1 class (ages 4-6). Every day I sang 2 songs with the class before they went to lunch. One of them, I sang to Ally the other day when he was crying and he settled straight away. It's worked every time since! Do you reckon it's just a coincidence?

I don't mind if it is really...I'm just glad it soothes him!

(if anyone's interested the song is 'the wise man built his house upon the rocks')

2. Samantha675

Samantha675 Maybe baby #3?!?

No, I think I remember reading that the same song played over and over would have a calming effect after birth.

3. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

Defo not a coincidence

When I was Preg I constantly listened to 'Whats It Gonna Be' By H2O Featuring Platinum & seriously the minute this comes on now Maya goes quiet & if she's crying she'll calm down!!

4. isil

isil Well-Known Member

aww, thanks for saying it's not just a coincidence! I'm really happy that it's a song I can sing to him that he remembers from the womb! I was a bit worried that he might start to like chris moyles' voice. That's be irritating.

I'm having such a hard time remembering how that 'what's it gonna be song' goes...

5. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

jacks the same he loves me singing nursery rhymes and he likes the noise of other children too (i was a nursery nurse)

6. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

It's on You Tube!!

Its not even a great song but it's catchy!! The video hwas St Trinians style lol