Just a reminder to all to be good customers/clients

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
I am dealing with a friend that is driving me up the wall. Partially my fault for letting her get away with it and partly hers for what I feel is taking advantage of me. I have a small desserts business and I was going to let her pay me when she picked her order up because she made such a fuss about paying before then. Well 9:30pm night before her pick up and she wants to change the pick up date! I've already started her order! :dohh: I understand we are to have some bad weather but I do not have a crystal ball and business is business. Even when just dealing with friend's and family please remember they have a business to run and while they may give special treatment try not to walk all over them. It can actually interfere with other orders/plans they have already made.

Tell her no! It's not a nice thing for her to do to you, but she can only walk over you if you allow it.

I have terms and conditions for my cake business and have stated in them that once a booking has been made, orders or dates can't be changed. I used to only take deposits from people I didn't know but found that friends and family messed me around more than anyone else so now I take deposits from them too and always send them the t's & c's.

I actually ended up just refunding her and focusing on my meeting with a couple for their wedding. She didn't seem too heart broken. It wasn't for an event she just wanted some cupcakes for herself. She wasn't wanting to come get them anyway so I used what I had made for the wedding tasting instead. Glad I focused on that because it went great! Absolutely LOVED the couple i met with and they paid in FULL even tho they didn't need to :D Pretty excited. Should be fun because I've worked with the hotel they are getting married at and they do a great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->