Just a simple question.

mommyjuly2011

Waiting for Baby Girl!
Reaction score
So I am going to start packing hospital bag soon. How many pads should I bring? I have a whole huge pack of them. Also, for pajamas, when do you actually change into them, are they really needed, and if you are bringing them what kind? Also, how many breast pads, and are there any other NEEDED items that the hospital doesn't provide in the US? Thank you mummies, I appreciate it much!:thumbup:

So I am going to start packing hospital bag soon. How many pads should I bring? I have a whole huge pack of them. Also, for pajamas, when do you actually change into them, are they really needed, and if you are bringing them what kind? Also, how many breast pads, and are there any other NEEDED items that the hospital doesn't provide in the US? Thank you mummies, I appreciate it much!:thumbup:

i just packed one big pack of them , my mom says they give you some but to always bring your own same with the breast pads!!!

Also my mom said when she hadme ... to help with the stitches is to buy TUCKS, and she says they will make the stitches feel so much better!!!!

tucks are a brand of witch hazel pads used for hemmoroids but they give them post partum sometimes. The hospital I work at gives them standard to all moms post delivery. The OB pads they should give you too. Just makes sure you save a couple for the last day on the drive home!

Breast pads=3-4 pairs
Pads 4-6 (they will provide you with some HUGE ones which are actually GREAT because you can bleed a ton and they will give you cream/Tucks/etc to put in there which make your girls feel sooooo much better.....the bigger pads help hold it all in).
PJ's I changed into them usually about 12 hrs later or after 1st shower.

anyone know if you can get these in the uk?

mhm i am not sure, i just bought mine at a local conveinent store, i am sure you could buy them online if not too late , they are cheap to !

anyone know if you can get these in the uk?

Looks like you can https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tucks-Hemo...RDNO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306908520&sr=8-1

Think I'm going to get some as I've seen them recommended a few times. I have packed one packet of mat pads (10 pads) but am not intending on staying in more than a few hours. You would need a couple of packs for a stay of a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->