Just Another Pregnant Patient....

Pandora0814

Mum & Expecting #2
Reaction score
Has anyone else felt like your just another pregnant women to your doctor. I had an appt today and he asked if there were any changes. I said yes. I explained that my lapband (small band around my stomach for weighloss) was starting to hurt from the inside. As the baby is growing, i've been feeling more pain and sharp at that.

He looked at me and said "well there is nothing i can do for that. We can induce you no eariler then 39 weeks. So we'll talk more about it in 1 week. Okay see you then" then he just walked out!

This isn't the first time i've felt like just another patient to him. He is such an amazing and great doctor, but he has so many patients that he just treats us like just that... another pregnant women.

I wanted to talk to him about a rough timeline. Like would he be willing to induce me at 39 week if this sharp pain doesn't go away. I just wish my labor would start very soon. I am in so much pain and i just don't know what to do. I have to keep working till i go to the hospital.

Has anyone else every felt like this?

I understand where you're coming from, but unfortunately to him you are just another pregnant woman. All they need is to see that baby is growing and healthy and that you are healthy. Every pregnant woman has aches and pains from one thing or another and the majority of the time there is nothing they can recommend except the usual pillows, bath etc. I'm sure if he could do something he would. I know it sucks though!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->