Just ate a handful of pickled ginger

emicakess

Reaction score
And then decided to google it. It was soooo good but google showed some weird info about miscarriages. Sounds like an old wives tale or something but just wanted to get your girls' opinions.

ginger is supposed to help with nausea. Never heard of miscarriages. There are very few foods that truly cause miscariages ie. meat/cheese contaminated with lysteria or excessive amounts of caffeine (I'm talking about 5 giant cups of coffee or more a day). Other than that, if the baby is healthy there is very unlikely chance there will be a miscarriage. Same thing with lifting heavy things in 1st trimester. It's more to do with pulling back muscles that anything. Relax and enjoy if you want ginger! It's healthy :)

Yeah you're good! I was really going to town on the ginger too then googled and got freaked out...lol. but then talked to a midwife who said that the dose of ginger which could cause a miscarriage is way way more then anyone could consume and even then it's theoretical, not proven. She said that If you're gonna miscarry It won't be due to ginger or most foods.

Ginger is so nice in the first trimester sometimes.

Thanks girls! Earthmama I kind of figured that it had something to do with that you would have to eat MASSIVE amounts of it for something bad to happen. I guess I just wanted to see if someone actually talked to their OB/MW about ginger, so I am happy that you responded! I haven't eaten ginger for MS I just genuinely love ginger lol Thats why I thought maybe I had eaten too much, because I am not sure if other people eat as much ginger and I do in a sitting....:dohh: It was just that side of ginger that comes with a to-go sushi plate... OH picked up a fresh california roll for me (imitation crab) :)

Anyway thank you girls. I google everything weird that I eat, it's horrible lol. I'm not eating a lot of ginger every day (or anything else weird) so I know everything is okay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->