Just been on my hospital tour - it was amazing!!!

_Vicky_

Mum to twins
Reaction score
I was kind of in two minds this morning our tour of the hospital was at 11am and I knew it would either freak me out totally or put me at ease. Well I am pleased to say it was fab!!!! OUr hospital is brand new so I am sure that helps but we saw the labour rooms AND THEY HAVE A SPECIAL MULTIPLES ONE hehehehehehehe its the same but bigger which is fabulous.

The post natal bit was fab too and even the food smelled nice hehehehehehe

I am sooo glad I went now and all the midwives were lovely - It felt amazing knowing (touch wood) that I have now been in the room where my sons are going to be born - whoop whoop !!!!

Aww glad it put your mind at ease, our maternity hospital is brand new too and it was brill looking round it! Makes you really excited xx

Glad it went well hun! That sounds great that it's a brand new mat unit too!

we were meant to be going on ours today but when I rang to see if they were taking place, (as the midwives had advised), no-one knew if any tours were happening. I was put through from the central delivery suite to the post-natal ward then to another ward and no one knew what was happening! It was a good job we didn't just turn up! I rang the community midwife afterwards and she said that the maternity unit was full today, so it might be better to go up one night this week to have a look. I just hope we can! Only got 4 or less weeks left!

I'm glad it went well!
I got to have a tour last week and was really happy with it. I never thought about it like that - standing in the room where the baby will be born :happydance: xx

I have decided not to go I am worried that It will freak me out, that I might see or hear something that will put me off. Crazy I know but ignorance is bliss as they say

silly question, how do u get a tour?!
do u just ring and ask?

id like to go so its not such a big event when i go into labour but dunno how to go about it?

silly question, how do u get a tour?!
do u just ring and ask?

id like to go so its not such a big event when i go into labour but dunno how to go about it?

I asked at my last scan (I am consultant led care with hospital visits every four weeks) if you have mw care then maybe call the antenatal clinic at the hospital you are booked in at and ask. hth x

I have decided not to go I am worried that It will freak me out, that I might see or hear something that will put me off. Crazy I know but ignorance is bliss as they say

oohhh dont worry I was like that and didnt hear anything - they did say the rooms are quite sound proof. It was lovely seeing the hussle and bussle of the post natal ward and new babies. We also saw the proudest looking man in the world stroll into the labour reception with a car seat lol whats the betting he was picking bubs up hehehehehehe

I'm glad it went so well :)

my hospital don't give tours, but we were shown a video at our antenatal. However when I had to go in last night to have my BP monitored I was in a delivery room for a while. It was so surreal thinking I'll be back there in a week or so giving birth.

I'm glad your hospital is lovely and new....mine seems to be the opposite, it was gross there was blood on the bathroom and shower floor, and also the leads to the monitors I was strapped too.....it was an eye opener (and good to know they are up on thier cleanliness!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->