just bought my very first Basal therm. have some ?'s

youngmommy26

Mom of 1 TTC#2
Reaction score
so I have never tracked basal temperature before. I had asked some questions about this last week, and a lady was nice enough to explain it to me, but I'm still confused :laugh2: The one I got came with a 12 month chart to chart my temps with. It also beeps 3 fast beeps to let you know it found a temptature spike. So I start tracking the first day of AF? and when my temperature gets higher that means i'm ovulating? Also I was reading some posts on here about how women can tell in the TWW that they aren't pregnant by their temps dropping? So your Temps stay high if you are pregnant? I'm buying some more OPK's on the January 1st. also getting some Preseed and menstrual cups and DH is going to start taking Fertilaid and Countboost. All this stuff gets so confusing, I'm just having a hard time understanding this whole basal thing. :dohh:

You can start tracking on the first day of AF, but I would just keep track of the first day of flow, that's day 1 of your cycle then wait until your period is over to start temping. Your temp has a spike right after you ovulate, that's when it gets high and you know you've ovulated. Not sure about it staying higher if you are pregnant though? I charted for one month but I have an 8 month old so its hard when you wake up during the night! Hope this helps!

I just bought preseed for the first time! Good luck hope it works out for you!

You can start tracking on the first day of AF, but I would just keep track of the first day of flow, that's day 1 of your cycle then wait until your period is over to start temping. Your temp has a spike right after you ovulate, that's when it gets high and you know you've ovulated. Not sure about it staying higher if you are pregnant though? I charted for one month but I have an 8 month old so its hard when you wake up during the night! Hope this helps!

I just bought preseed for the first time! Good luck hope it works out for you!

oh ok, so I won't see my temp go up until after I have ovulated? I can't wait to try it out this month! Hope I get my BFP finally! good luck to you too!

That's right, you will know the day after you've ovulated, but you can still dtd the day of the spike and get pregnant!

If your temps stay up for 18 days past ovulation/temp spike then your most likely pregnant. The odd dip in temp in your luteal phase can mean numerous things but try not to put too much weight in them as you'll only disappoint yourself. Good luck with the charting!

If your temps stay up for 18 days past ovulation/temp spike then your most likely pregnant. The odd dip in temp in your luteal phase can mean numerous things but try not to put too much weight in them as you'll only disappoint yourself. Good luck with the charting!

ahh, ok, I'm going to try not to drive myself too crazy with all of this! :laugh2:

use ovufriend or fertilityfriend to help you, fertility friend has a charting course to help you :) good luck x

use ovufriend or fertilityfriend to help you, fertility friend has a charting course to help you :) good luck x

just started using FertilityFriend a couple days ago. I'm at cycle day 3 so far with my very first temp put in, so I got one dot on my chart :laugh2:

I have just dug out my thermometer and am using my fertility friend, the last cycle I charted I conceived and I have a 1 year old :) Charting showed when I was ovulating, which helped as I didn't conform to 'average' numbers, and hospital were adamant I wasn't ovulating, I was, they were just wrong about the day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->