Just come off the Pill....

bobbysian23

Reaction score
Hiya
I came off the Pill about 2 weeks ago, and although I obviously understand I might not conceive straight away, I was wondering how best to proceed now I'm off the Pill. Do I need to wait until my next proper period, or is there anything I could do to speed up the process? Patience has never been one of my strong points unfortunately, but I guess I don't have a choice at the moment. :winkwink:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-conceive-1/2077079-stopping-bcp-ttc-updates-progress-noted-changes-since-stopping-bcp.html

Join this group :) It might help you see some different girl's experiences....

TOP TIPS:
Dont expect it to happen straight away or even in the first few months.
Have regular sex :)
Dont talk too much about when you are ovulating etc to your partner (a little is ok) tends to put them off i think!
Keep sex a little bit sexy :)
Try sperm friendly lubricants eg concieve plus or pre seed
take vitamins folic acid etc for baby making mums to be
make a friend on this site, someone similar to you. invaluable!
Dont worry if your periods take a while to return to normal- The pill can mess with your system.
Try and forget you are TTC....honestly people say this works best.
Use OPKS ovulation kits...cheap ones from amazon. They are good!
Goodluck! Im in month 4......and Ive learnt so much, these are things I wish someone had told me! :) xxxx

You don't have to wait until your first period off the pill. Some doctors recommend it because the you have a LMP to use as your EDD. It's strictly up to you though. I can off the pill feb 8th, and my first cycle was 29 days. Pretty average cycle length, but I understand that I could be considered one of the lucky ones.

I think the most important thing is to start paying attention to your cycle. You might find that you experience mid cycle cramps, those would be a sign of O. Also, your CM plays an important part in your fertility. If you aren't familiar with what you are looking for a little research might help, but don't go overboard, because then you might start overanalyzing everything and add stress that you don't need. :)

Oh yes...you ovulate off the pill, and the first time i did, it was so weird and painful actually, that we didnt have sex! lol...stupid me!
It was really strong the first month, and i had no idea what it was!
i prob would of been pregnant that month if we dtd..but i had the side pain, so didnt want to! DUH! lol
and yes....your CM is alot more...and you might get sore boobs when you ovulate like me, i get all the symptoms, i take an OPK to check i am, but I know when i am.

Basicly like the lady above me said, dont over analize...and take note of your body. your body is better than any opk!xxxx

I'm in the same boat, recently came off the pill and now trying to conceive. Waiting for my withdrawal bleed and then I'm assuming any bleeds after that are a period? I want to start tracking my cycle but obviously can't until I get a proper period. Quite annoying really.

Oh yes...you ovulate off the pill, and the first time i did, it was so weird and painful actually, that we didnt have sex! lol...stupid me!
It was really strong the first month, and i had no idea what it was!
i prob would of been pregnant that month if we dtd..but i had the side pain, so didnt want to! DUH! lol
and yes....your CM is alot more...and you might get sore boobs when you ovulate like me, i get all the symptoms, i take an OPK to check i am, but I know when i am.

Basicly like the lady above me said, dont over analize...and take note of your body. your body is better than any opk!xxxx

My first ovulation was soo bad too!! Even my cervix hurt. We still dtd, very carefully as I thought I was going to die from the pain (ok not really, but it really was intense!) but AF showed her ugly face so don't beat yourself up too bad, but hindsight is 20/20 huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->