Just drank an orange juice not recommended for pregnant women

katemarie

Mother of one and pregs
Reaction score
Eek I'm panicking now. I've literally just come back frmo a successful and happy 21 week scan and we picked up a marks and spencer orange juice with added vitamins in it. I then drank most of it and stupidly looked at back after, it says unpasteurised and it says not suitable for pregnant women if you're taking supplements. Help!!!! x

you will be fine hun! your baby will only take in the vitamins it needs! m and s has to put that on the bottle as a precaution! plus you only had one small bottle it wont affect you at all :D xx

Thanks I hope so! I know I am probably over reacting but I was just so happy and now I feel like I've done something really bad as it says not to have it if pregnant! But I checked and my sanatogen vitamin doesn't have vit a in so at least I've not topped up too much and the bottle said it had 250 units in it, which shouldn't be more than my recommended daily allowance... seriously why does it have to be this hard with drinks as well haha?! Thanks for your reply and reassurance x

I did the same thing recently - the juice sounded lovely, was halfway through it and then noticed. I had a look on the net about vitamin a in pregnancy and as far as I understand, it's vitamin a from animal sources which causes more of a problem rather than fruit. A one off will not matter, I'm sure. I guess M&S just have to cover themselves (like putting warning: this product contains nuts....on a bag of nuts!!).

Don't worry x

Ah did you, phew I feel better now! There's way to much for us to worry about! I will definitely check a bit more next time now. I guess when we are getting oj's in pubs we don't see whether it is pasteurised or not, or check the ingredients, but when you see it there in writing that it's not suitable it kinda freaked me out!! thanks x

I wouldn't be concerned at all. You drank a bit, you can't do anything now. Worrying is just unneeded stress on your baby.

I'd be more concerned about the unpasteurized aspect than the vitamins. I drink a ton of OJ (pasteurized of course). The fat soluble vitamins; A, D, E and K are what you aren't supposed to get too much of. Other vitamins, are water soluble and your body pees out the excess without issue.

OJ is mostly vit C and potassium with a touch of vit A. One bottle of OJ isn't going to push you over the limit.

Try to relax, your baby is fine.

Thanks, I am trying to relax indeed, and am drinking lots of water thinking it may dilute it lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->