Just feel like it won't end well

B

Belle2528

Hi,

Some of you may have read my posts from a couple of weeks back. Basically we found out we were pregnant and it was a mega miracle baby. We were told we'd never get pregnant, had resigned ourselves to that and actually started the adoption process!

I don't know if I'm doing it to protect myself because I'm still in shock that it's happened but I just don't feel like this Will result in a baby. I'm almost certain I'll miscarry or something will go wrong. I know the odds for things going right are better than for it going wrong but I just can't a allow myself to believe it. We've booked an early scan for 26th Jan when I'll be 8+2 and I'm just expecting to go to be told there's no heartbeat or it's a MMC. sigh :( I want to be happy and excited but can't help but feel it won't end well

Sorry to have ranted

Belle xxx

Hiya sweetie.

I've got no words of advice unfortunately because I feel exactly the same! I was exactly the same with DD1 too.

I've got roughly another 7weeks until my scan so it's going to be hell.

I've got zero symptoms too which makes it worse.

X

:flower: First of all, congrats!
I think it is fairly normal what you are feeling. You want to keep your guard up and prepare yourself "just in case" If you keep thinking it won't end well then the blow will be softened. But, I think you should be guarded but try to relax a little bit and take it all in. I think you are on your way to a happy and healthy miracle baby and this just shows that doctors don't know everything! :happydance::hugs:

Hang in there :) I know countless stories of people who had lost all hope that ended up in happy ever afters :) It is very very hard to allow yourself to believe in it , but hope is essential ! Otherwise you may spend all your time worrying about what may never happen and miss the wonder and celebration of what IS actually happening ! THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED AND NOTING YOU CAN DO ABOUT WHAT WIL HAPPEN . Try as hard a you can to stay in the present and deal with that !! DOING THAT IS HARD ENOUGH !! Deal with each hour /day as it comes it really helped me when I got pregnant after a loss . I tried very hard not to allow myself go to the " what if place " and told myself when I found my head going there " TODAY I AM PREGNANT AND ALL IS OK "

Best of luck with your scan on the 26th it will be here before you know it :) and congratulations pregnant lady ;)

Hiya, I feel exactly the same and I did with DD but she is now a clever little 1 year old. I regret not enjoying my pregnancy with her xx

Thank you ladies. I know I need to try and enjoy it, it's just so hard. I am trying to think positive and not let negative thoughts enter my head!! Thanks for your replies

Belle xxx

Keep us posted how ye are getting on and any time you need a hand staying positive let us know :)

I felt sure this pregnancy would end in miscarriage again for me, I cried for about a week after finding out I was pregnant and before each scan but bubs is perfectly healthy at 14&1 today, still a long way to go but I feel so much better and not half as worried as I was.
This little one is nothing short of a miracle for us too, when you want something so much it's so hard to believe you could ever actually get it.
Wishing you lots of luck and hope you see your perfect little bub in a few weeks :) x

Yes, as you get further along it will be easier to relax. Those very early weeks are SO hard! Just keep the faith, send positive energy to yourself and your little blessing. <3 Every time you start to get a negative thought replace it with a happier one. Plan to have this baby!

I'm with you exactly. My diagnosis was that even if I did get a bfp I'd probably m/c because my eggs are old, and I did mc too. But here we are after donor ivf and I've got no symptoms other than bleeding everyday. It's a little difficult to deal with. I still feel like it might not happen in my heart but my brain is forcing the situation repeating over and over it IS happening and it WILL turn out alright.
Let this be our mantra for January.
And let us celebrate together when we make it to the 14 week milestone. :headspin:

I'm 3weeks and 2 days! Very early. I am terrified it's going to end. Just trying to tell myself to stay positive! I have my first scan on feb 5th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->