Just for fun- TTC craziness

gradschoolmum

Reaction score
This is our first month officially trying, so this coming very much from a newbie.
I sat down over my lunch break to look up some general do's and don't's of ovulation week- to see if there is anything that would help, even if it's just an old wives tale. Not necessarily because I want to try them, but just to see what is out there.

It's crazy!

I couldn't help but notice a lot of the contradictory advise of eat this no don't eat this. Or Foods she should eat vs what he should eat (we eat the same thing for breakfast and dinner and often lunch, and I'm certainly not making him something different each time, haha).
Just seems absurd to me.

What's the funniest TTC advise you've ever read/received?

I have to cook different meals for three of us in my house as I am veggie, my daughter hates most meat but chicken, and my partner can't eat spice whereas I love it in almost everything, lol.

This is a little TMI but since we started ttc my partner is convinced that if I clean myself after sex then I am washing the sperm away, and has started insisting I lie on my back with my butt raised, which just screams old wives tale to me as it is what my gran would say to do, lol.

I read that if you're trying to conceive a girl, the man should take a hot bath prior to DTD as the heat kills off most of the boy sperm... what??

I read that if you're trying to conceive a girl, the man should take a hot bath prior to DTD as the heat kills off most of the boy sperm... what??

Ha! My mom brought by a bunch of bananas the other day randomly; when I asked her why, she said she heard that eating bananas turns into girl babies. :haha: I was just like, ok thanks. At least we like bananas

Ha! My mom brought by a bunch of bananas the other day randomly; when I asked her why, she said she heard that eating bananas turns into girl babies. :haha: I was just like, ok thanks. At least we like bananas

I love this! Hilarious... And cute :) My mom gives me way too much advice about ttc in relation to dtd. She is certain I need to stand on my head and do bicycle pedaling after! Maybe she's right... The woman had 4 kids in 5 year (on purpose!!!)!

My hubby is obsessed with Willy Wonka, so he has me "wonka rolls" across the bed after dtd :laugh2: Says that it "mixes everything up" properly hahahaha. Obviously, we don't *really* believe any of this... But it's a fun, silly ritual to do during this tedious time.

I have to cook different meals for three of us in my house as I am veggie, my daughter hates most meat but chicken, and my partner can't eat spice whereas I love it in almost everything, lol.

This is a little TMI but since we started ttc my partner is convinced that if I clean myself after sex then I am washing the sperm away, and has started insisting I lie on my back with my butt raised, which just screams old wives tale to me as it is what my gran would say to do, lol.

Psh, there's no TMI on these boards! I've definitely done this a time or two (or 100). Last cycle, I also used Instead Softcups after dtd b/c some women claim it's their key to conception success. Pfffft. Ready for some real TMI? All I got out of it was a cervical cup of man juice, which is a million times more disgusting to remove hours later than a wiping yourself down with a warm wash cloth or showering immediately after.

^Moral of the story: Do what puts you in your happy place after making love to your partner. Semen is going to reach your cervix in a matter of seconds. I think all this other stuff we do is just to make us more confident about our chances.

That said, my husband and I are taking maca this cycle to aid in our fertility :shrug: I know, if anything, it'll probably be some witchcraft placebo. But I'm willing to try anything safe and healthy.

I've heard that during the two week wait, you should eat pineapple because it has bromelain and that helps with implantation, but the core is the only thing that really does you any good, and DON'T eat it after 5 dpo!

I've heard that you're supposed to wait like 30 minutes after BDing before you pee!

I've heard that you're not supposed to eat/drink too many cold things after the tww, because the womb needs to be warm in order for the embryo to implant.

I don't know if there's any truth to any of these, but they sure are interesting!

I've heard that during the two week wait, you should eat pineapple because it has bromelain and that helps with implantation, but the core is the only thing that really does you any good, and DON'T eat it after 5 dpo!

I've heard that you're supposed to wait like 30 minutes after BDing before you pee!

I've heard that you're not supposed to eat/drink too many cold things after the tww, because the womb needs to be warm in order for the embryo to implant.

I don't know if there's any truth to any of these, but they sure are interesting!

Haha, the warm womb thing cracks me up. Last month, I kept talking to my belly asking it if it was warm enough 😂 DH thought I was crazy 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->