just for fun - What things can you not do anymore?

I miss:
Being able to get off the couch without help. It takes about 5 minutes to get up if DH is not here.

Being able to move my legs when I want to, and not when they decide they want to.(I have had RLS for years, and it has only gotten worse during this pregnancy, plus I'm not able to take my meds for it)

My feet. I haven't seen them since about 15 weeks :haha:

Shaving. I pretty much gave up on shaving everything but my lower legs. I trim my hooha, but don't shave anymore(too afraid of cutting myself and I don't trust DH!) And my thighs are pretty much fine hair anyway. Not like anyone really sees them this time of year but DH. I am considering having everything waxed before my C-section, though! I don't really want all my nurses and the whole surgical team seeing me look like a hairy gorilla :D

Being able to eat anything without having to run to the restroom right after. I have IBS and no gallbladder, and this pregnancy seems to make it even worse. Probably why I haven't gained much so far when I gained about 45lbs with my first.(I had my gallbladder removed about a month before I got pregnant)

Coffee, and caffeine in general! I have to avoid it completely because of my RLS. Once I'm able to take my meds again I will be one happy momma!

Regular sex(as in getting it regularly, not as in the way we have it :haha: ) DH is afraid of having sex at times, as it does cause me to have some crampy Braxton hicks sometimes. He doesn't like to do anything that may cause me pain.

I stopped doing Zumba about 6 weeks ago :( Makes me sad. I LOVE Zumba! Thought I'd be able to go a little longer.
Also:
- Can't bend over to pick things up off the floor
- Can't paint my toenails (just tried the other day lol)
- Can't reach my feet to put on anti-itch cream (darn mosquitoes)
- Can't over-stretch my legs when waking up, or else I'll pull a muscle in my calf (I actually pulled a muscle in my calf while engaging the clutch in my car while backing into a parking space lol)
- I can bring the vacuum downstairs, but cannot bring it back upstairs (hubby's new job)
- Can't sleep on my stomach (sad, I miss it!)
- Can't have sex anymore. It's hard on hubby, but he understands. It just hurts too much afterwards with the cramps I get.

I miss enjoying my coffee. I used to enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee in the mornings. I've not stopped drinking it solely for the health of my baby (although it played a big part) I also have had a huge aversion to all caffeine. I want caffeine and my coffee but one sip and I get sick!

shaving without a lot of trouble!
getting up quickly
working all day without pain
a full nights sleep
I'm sure there's more....

Sleep. With RLS, sciatica and cramps sleep is rare.

Breathing. Baby has 'dropped', yet I still can't breath!

My morning coffee. Since being pregnant coffee has given me the shits. I don't know why, but as soon as I have a brew I'm on the bog. :(

pretty much what everyone else has said! :)
Apart from reaching my feet, getting up out of bed, 'regular' sex, putting clothes on without having to sit down etc etc, i miss my sleep. I REALLY miss it. I have not had a decent night's sleep for a couple of months, mostly due to pain as well as bubs wriggling around but it's now because I have to pee every couple of hours. I will get up 4-5 times through the night to go, and the worst part is i know that i will still be getting up through the night once bubs is actually here!
Ok rant over. Must be the lack of sleep ;)

SLEEP!! I cannot wait to not have heartburn/acid reflux and to sleep on my stomach again - though I remember from DD that had to wait until after bfing :haha:

Eating what I want when I want - I have GD so can't eat what I want and the heartburn means I really have to think about whether I should have supper or not 😫

Running - had to give up at 32 weeks because the weather turned and my warm running clothes don't fit. Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to run now anyway.

Oh well, not long to go now!

I miss sex
I miss putting pants or socks on without pain
Moving normally in general
Taking my dog for long walks/runs
Not peeing every 15 mins
Having energy
Sleeping comfortably

I miss being able to walk without wadding.
I miss going through a checkout without the cashier asking me loads of uncomfortable questions, so far I've been asked if my son was a 'normal' birth, if I'm going to breastfeed, how old I am and I keep getting asked if I'm on maternity leave yet. I would freaking love to be able to buy a pint of milk without giving my life story and being judged for everything!
I also miss shaving my legs, I'm still doing it, but it is all kinds of uncomfortable now!
I miss a glass of wine, but my current heartburn means the thought of it at the moment isn't too appealing.
I miss putting jeans on without having to sit down.
I miss breathing! I feel I'm constantly gasping for air!

I miss being able to go to bed without having to pee every time I'm about to fall asleep!

I forgot an important one! I am a FTM, and my pregnancy was unexpected. I thank god EVERY DAY for giving me my little miracle. I can't imagine life without him now. BUT. I think I might always miss "old me". I changed so much, so quick. My life will never be the same, and though I am crazy grateful for that. I think a part of me will always miss being free to do what I please. I drank when I wanted, slept, went to school, or didn't. Dated, smoked a cigarette here and there. I had a type of freedom that I'll miss. Also, the ignorance that comes with not being a parent. I'll miss that.

I miss being able to shave down there (much less see down there to see what I'm shaving) … I tried to yesterday with an electric shaver (because it has a guard and is pretty fool proof), I'm now all nicked up and patchy. I probably look like a feral cat that's been in a fight down there.

I miss getting up 4 times a night to pee (instead of 6+ times a night now).

I miss not feeling out of breath and needing a rest from simply standing up or sitting down.

I miss being able to lay on the ground to look for DS's lego pieces under the couch.

I miss my wedding ring.

And eating. Oh God I miss eating whatever I want.

Omg let me break things down of things I miss:

I miss....

-shavin bellow the waist
-running (I was a long-distance runner. Fast too. I'm too tired now)
-picking things up
-wearing pants other than leggings
-taking naps without twisting and turning and propping my pillow every 5 minutes
-eat without having a disgusting aftertaste
-being skinny in general (vain but true)
-not feeling like that "poor pregnant lady"
-I missed wearing sexy tight clothes and crop tops this summer
- I miss not being exhausted after work

Whew. Felt good even writing this

My three mortal enemies have become: Putting on socks/tie-up shoes, getting out of bed and putting on pants. So difficult!

Find it very hard to get up off the sofa and like somebody else said, if I drop something I actually debate how much I need it and whether it can just stay there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->