Just found out I'm pregnant and OH NO>>>

O

onemorebabe

There are no midwifes in my area...I am bumbed... Both of my girls were delivered by midwives.... Thats poo.... Almost makes me wanna do an unassisted birth, atleast I have time to do research for that.. Don't know if DH is up for that though...lol

How far away are the closest ones? Would they be willing to travel to you? How far would you be willing to travel? I think if that was me and they wouldn't come to me, I'd rather plan to travel to a birth center than go to the hospital. Is that a possibility for you?

I think the closest ones are 30 to 45 minutes away... so i am most deff going to check that option out...

Oh that's not too far. I would definitely imagine they'd be happy to travel to you. I've been looking at doulas to interview and many of them are an hour away but happy to still come to me (obviously, not exactly the same, but I imagine midwives would be similar especially if there aren't many around, they probably cover a wider area). Hope you find one!

I was a doula for a year with a hospital where I used to live.. I miss it so much.. But my hubbs is my doula..he is the best during labor!!

Our midwife is an hour away from us- I think 35-40 min is totally doable! Our backup plan is a local hospital but I'm not too worried, pretty sure that as long as we tell her once labor is starting she'll make it in time.

the only reason I think thats far is my labors tend to be VERY fast.. My first baby was 6 hours from my water breaking til her being born... and my second only took 3 and 1/2 hours... but I have heard third labors may be longer but they may be shorter too... so I'm kinda clueless... ..

Where in SC are you?? The place I am using is the Charleston Birth Place, and they are AMAZING!! The owner said that they get people all the time who drive hours just to see them. It's funny, she even has one lady who lives in Zimbabwe lol I guess she'll be flying out monthly and then moving here in her last trimester. Anyway, if you're willing to make the drive once a month, I highly recommend the CBP!!!

Upstate SC? I live there and Im going to a midwife group. There are plenty of midwives in the Greenville area (idk if that's where you are?). There is Greenville midwifery, Amy leland at blessed births, and Carolina waterbirth.

That's close! there aren't many home birth midwives out of Sydney and the all travel 1 hour+ from city to get to the outer towns. It's just a matter of being prepared and knowing not to call her too early or too late.

Good luck and congrats!

I'm sorry! I am dealing with having to change my hopes for this birth as well (different circumstances, but disappointing all the same).

I have gone unassisted before. Most amazing experiences of my life.

Omgosh! I'm in the upstate too!!! I'm going to Amy leland at blessed births and I LOVE her! I'm also on baby #3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->