Just found out my baby weighs 9.5 lbs!!

bibicakes

Mother to Isaac
Reaction score
So I'm due tomorrow and I just found out my baby is currently 9.5 lbs!! How in the world am I going to push that out!?

Plus, my doctor is thinking of inducing me next week thursday if I don't give birth. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask if I can be induced sooner. Otherwise he'd be 10 lbs!!

I'm terrified.

My antenatal instructor told us that your body, providing you don't have GD or something, won't produce a bigger baby than it can handle xx

I found my 9lb baby was much much easier
To push out than my 6lb baby. And my 9lb was back to back. I have less vaginal grazing with my bigger one. But did push longer due to her position

You'll be fine don't worry. 2 of mine were over 10lbs, and 1 over 11lbs, and actually the biggest one came out the easiest x

You'll be fine don't worry. 2 of mine were over 10lbs, and 1 over 11lbs, and actually the biggest one came out the easiest x

OMG! you push them out? =D> i give you credit! all my family members are telling to request a c-section since i'm very petite and don't think i'll be able to push him out, and i agree. i don't think i could push him out.

I'm sure you'll push your baby out fine, be active during labour and use gravity. My son was 9 pound 7 and pushing was the easiest, least painful bit and no tears.

I was 15 and a tiny size 6 aus when I had my 9lb baby. And it was a breeze compared to my 6lb. Trust me your body is a wonderful thing

Estimations for baby's weight before birth can be way off too sometimes so don't worry too much it could end up being smaller than you're expecting!

OMG! you push them out? =D> i give you credit! all my family members are telling to request a c-section since i'm very petite and don't think i'll be able to push him out, and i agree. i don't think i could push him out.

I'm 5ft4, size 12 UK, and have had 1 9.5lber and a nearly 11lber normally too. It's not an issue....really it's not. You'll be fine. I was told Eddy would be about the same as his brother and he came out really quickly - I was home same day and up and about an hour after he arrived! :thumbup:

Just keep an open mind. You'll be fine!!! :thumbup:

The likelihood of your hips being too small is tiny, on the whole your body doesn't make a baby you can't birth. Have faith in your body! Your family aren't doctors :)

yeah I pushed lol (with epidural I might add lol).

I'm 5'4" and when not-pregnant I'm size 10. Don't worry the vagina stretches. Okay I admit I tore somewhat (3/4th degree tear with the first, episiotomy with the second, and 2nd degree tear with the third) but I recovered fine from all of them within a few weeks.

You'll find your baby won't be that big it's just an estimate. They to.d me poppy was over 10lb a week before I had her :shock: she was 3 days late and weighed 8lb 11oz :dohh:

Even so bigger babies are easier to push out than small ones, youll be fine :)

I'm sure your body will be just fine. I've had two shoulder dystocia babies (aka big baby getting stuck) and it's much more to do with fetal positioning and other factors. A big growth estimate does not mean you cannot push out the baby. Millions of petite women do it every year, your height/weight is not really a risk factor unless you are at most 5'0 or shorter (and even then, it's a slight risk factor and still a 1% chance of even having a slight issue, which can easily be resolved during labour).

I'm sure your family and friends mean well but they don't understand anatomy and dystocia if they are saying you need a section based on your size. Unless you've had a pelvic x-ray to confirm the rare condition, then you are just a normal woman who can birth a normal baby :)

I know in some places in this world, women are given zero confidence that they can give birth to a normal size baby (9lb is still normal). That's a shame, because you can.

don't worry too much they can be way out!
my friend got induced at 38 weeks because they told her the baby was already over 11lbs.. he was born weighing in at 7lbs 11oz .. nowhere near lol x

Errrrr I'm of the opposite opinion. My baby was 9 lbs 14 oz. I had to push for 3 hours and it was terrible. Labor was great but delivery was terrible. I'm getting induced sooner this time to prevent having a baby bugger than my last.

Ya...my girlfriend is 5'2 had just had her second. First weighing 10lbs and 2nd weighing pretty close to the same....she recovers amazing. Not only that.....dr's are SO off on weight....they can't ACTUALLY tell...they use measurements vs the size of your uterus...so if your uterus is maybe smaller than they realize the baby can "look" big in comparison but really isn't. Anything that happens is still better than recovering from a c section....please don't worry!!!

All of my family and friends said the same.... their 9 lb + babies were so much easier to push out than their smaller babies...

I was wishing for small...but lately been thinking come on big boy!

our families (both sides) have been going on and on about how big of a baby i'm going to have for the majority of my pregnancy and all have been certain that i should be talking more to my doctor about having a c-section because of such a big baby and such a tiny me (5'0 and a bit petite) its been driving me nuts....the doctor hasn't worried at all about the size of the baby...my measurements have been right on up until my appointment yesterday....
i'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and i'm measuring 38 weeks...the doc said its no big deal and they don't usually do another ultrasound unless ur measuring 3 weeks over but i have had a very big belly for my entire pregnancy and he wants to do it to see if there's a lot of fluid or if it's the size of the baby or what...so i'll be going for another ultrasound for the curiosity of the doctor and tbh me and hubby too....
once we told family yesterday that he wanted to send me for an ultrasound everyone said "Good!!" or "I'm glad" with enthusiasm and an 'i told you so' tone to their voice!!

i truly don't want a huge baby, but their attitudes towards this being too big of a baby for me from day 1 is very frustrating to say the least...so i'm certainly hoping that i'll be able to have a vaginal birth no matter what the size of my baby is...even the doctor said that the scans are rarely accurate and to not put much faith in the what they say the size of the baby is!!

point being is i wouldn't worry until its time to worry...don't worry about getting induced or c-sections based on the size...everyone on here is right...we were made to be able to handle this...and we have to have faith that everything will work out...you never know how labor will be for you or what the true size of you and baby will be until it happens!!

(sorry...i kinda stuck my own rant in here...very similar topic with the same moral to the story)

I'll admit that sometimes pushing a big baby is hard (4 hours for #1 and 2 hours for #2) but after #2, we were :sex: without any tears 3 weeks later and it didn't take long to regain pelvic control after. I guess what I am trying to say is that even if it's not the easiest labour, it doesn't mean you can't do it and it doesn't mean you will have lasting damage.

I was told my son weighed 5lbs 8oz on his scan, he was 4lbs 6oz. they're not always right, try not to worry.

If they are right, they say big babies can be easier than small.. its all down to the labour. Good luck <3. I had a lovely induction. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->