Just found out

Renky141

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this would be the right place to post this so if I'm in the wrong part of this forum by all means let me know, but please point me in the right direction.

My wife and I just found out she was pregnant (two pregnancy tests in two days and all the symptoms. We will be going to the doc this week, but my wife says she is certain. I guess that's a woman's intuition). I noticed the majority of this forum is women, and the father forums I found are considerably fewer with not many posters. So, if any of you all know of any that your significant other's have found I would appreciate you sending me the link and I'll get out of your business :).

We both thought we couldn't even conceive due to her hormone imbalance caused by a certain disease she was diagnosed with a year and a half ago. She got off birth control about 5 months ago and we were getting intimate fairly regularly, so this was pretty shocking to us both. We had just been undergoing testing in the last few weeks to see if a baby was even possible.

I know I probably should have browsed through these forums before I started, but I'm just too anxious/excited to not talk about this and it's 1 AM in Hawaii where I live. So, nobody is up here and I don't want to tell anyone I know until it's 100% confirmed.

So, I could go on and on right now I'm sure, but if anyone could give me any idea where to start I'd greatly appreciate it. Any links to forums, sites, books or anything of the sort for a newly expecting father with absolutely not the slightest clue how to be a father would be helpful. And maybe this site is the golden nugget and I just need to browse more. I guess I just needed somewhere to post my thoughts because I can't sleep. Thank you to all who are part of this forum and help others. I'm sure I'll rely heavily on people like you until I figure it out. Anyway, sorry for the rambling. Blessings! :)

- Future Daddy

That is so beautiful!! I think it's great that you are so excited and looking into the forums and stuff, not many men do but it definitely shows your commitment and love for your partner and future bub!
I'm sorry I can't really be any help but I just wanted to say good luck and I hope it all works out great!!

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you guys are so excited!!! I remember before I got pregnant with my daughter the doctors telling me it would be hard to conceive based on some test results but it only took us 3 cycles. A woman's body is an amazing thing. Not sure about forums with a lot of fathers to be, sorry. In terms of books, I'm asking my hubby to read The Birth Partner and Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. Agsin, congrats and best wishes!

Hi,

Firstly congratulations to you both! My other half has been reading a book called 'commando dad' and is actually telling me what to expect!! It puts things in a very easy to understand way and breaks it all down for u! I'm sure You'd be able to get it on amazon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->