Just go for it?

xlouloux

LTTC & 1 Furbaby
Reaction score
Hey everyone, haven't posted in this section in a long time but I need to vent a little bit.

It's been two years this month since me and OH got engaged and back then I had dreams of getting married on a sunny beach abroad somewhere. I knew it would take time to save up for it but since then we haven't managed to save a penny because money is so tight. :(

Everyone keeps asking me when I plan to get married and the answer is always the same, "when we have the money", now people keep saying just do it at the registry office and I'm definitely considering it. After all it would only cost £174!

I never wanted a massive wedding anyway, just me, OH and a few family members so the more I think about it, the less it matters to me where we do it and I REALLY just want to be married.

What makes it seem even more appealing is the fact that we will be paying for flights to Dubai next year so money will be even tighter, and that holiday could count as a honeymoon even if we go before we get married.

One thing I was worried about was the photos not being as nice because the office building is awful, but then I thought if we did it in summer, there's no reason why we can't just improvise and head to a field somewhere for piccies or something! Then maybe just have a meal with family and drinks somewhere!

So ladies, shall I just go for it? It won't be my dream wedding but how much does that really matter?

I think that seems as you have been waiting so long and things dont look to change, then yeah just do it!

See if your council have any other buildings where they do weddings, mine do them at a local museum that's in an old mannor house.

I suggested it to OH and he's more excited than me so I guess we're doing it! :D Apparently the building isn't that bad inside and they have a nice outdoor area at the back which should be fine for a few pictures.

I'm so excited I can't wait to ring and make the appointment in the new year. We're aiming to get married in late July, I have July 24th stuck in my head so fingers crossed! :happydance:

Congratulations!! I hope they have the date you want. :happydance:

Our registry office is really grim but the have a gorgeous little garden for photos but a lot of people head off somewhere pretty to get them done. Will be even easier if you only have a few family to move people onwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->