Just gonna say I...sex during pregnancy

musicjunkiee

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im 9 weeks pregnant at the moment. My partner isn't bothered if we don't have sex, but naturally,new want to!!

I did have implantation bleeding, so had an early scan n the baby was fine. We saw a heartbeat and the sonographer said the bleed was gone so nothing to worry about.

We DTD last night, very gently and used a condom.

What r ur thoughts on this? I wasn't in pain, and haven't bled since or anything.

I thought it was healthy to have sex during pregnancy? Hubby came out with a classic when I suggested that we could still have 'couples time'. He said he didn't want the baby to be traumatised by the sight of his penis! ROFL. I don't think he gets it...

I'm sort of iffy about it on my last pregnancy which ended in miscarriage, I began to bleed immediately after sex and then miscarried, I doubt sex caused it but it did put us off having sex and have only had sex in the last few days due to being 12+

We have not had sex since the bfp (actually maybe even a week before that)

I'm a bit paranoid and just can't imagine getting into the mood either with my lack of energy and naseau!

I've read a few stories about people spotting after etc which has scared me a little too.. Think we will just wait until 12/13 weeks.. You can always do other stuff.. If you have the energy :)

We've had sex from getting the BFP but not as regularly as before as I've been really tired and so has DH because of work. We had a romantic night in a hotel for our first anniversary and didn't even have sex then because I was feeling quite nauseous!! I was a bit nervous to start with but it's been fine so far and I read that its fine in the first 12 weeks.

I was put on no sex for first tri with my last pregnancy that unfortunately ended in mc at 9wks. We have had sex once since I found out. But I am definitely nervous about the whole idea of it now.

We have had regular sex. But gentle, strong orgasm and rough sex can be risky in first tri, but sex in general is safe.

Tbh I don't see the need for a condom, your cervix is closed so sperm can't affect anything im guessing there's no STIs involved. Other than stopping pregnancy (bit late for that) I dont think you need to use one. Xx

Im loving sex during pregnancy, dnt get me wrong I do worry about blood etc after it but the orgasms have been fantastic. We usually DTD every other day but since I've fallen pregnant its been probably once, twice a week maximum! xx

Yea we were very gentle n I've had no bleeding etc.

Dunno y we used a condom, just because if myths probably as obviously no STIs.

x

well im too scared to have sex lol, and my Hubby is, so we decided on other things to do instead! lol x

I was having alot of sex, and enjoying it, until I started spotting and an ultrasound showed I had subchorionic hematoma. The fetus is healthy but I have been put on pelvic rest, no sex, not even orgasm :( So my advice is if you start spotting after sex try to refrain until you get it checked out.

:haha:Oh and me dtd almost every night but he still makes me laugh with our first boy when he says something like 'least i didn't traumatise you' hes convinced he used to bash bubs head in with his penis!!!:haha::haha:

We haven't had sex since JULY. Because of IVF. My poor OH!

I don't feel comfortable doing it whilst pregnant either at the moment. Too early on for me!

We usually have sex in first tri and not much by second as I get super sensitive down there and feel like it is super tight :( I am hoping to be able to continue to be intimate with my hubby for awhile longer!

It is safe to have sex but you have to open communication with your doctor. If you have no issues it is very healthy. Also, sperm will not affect anything so no condom is needed that is an old wives tale.

Funny thing is during my first tri with my last pregnancy I had two super sex dreams where I woke up and orgasmed (had serious cramping from it). Apparently that is normal LOL

We're on 'other things' only at the moment! Hubby doesn't mind too much as during the baby making oral has been off the menu (no pun intended) so he is loving it at the moment! haha

I had same as another lady, last mc the bleeding started after sex and didn't stop. I don't think sex caused it, as I had problems with the tests too (faint and not getting darker) but it has still put me right off!

We don't DTD wire as often as we did before, but it's pretty much been normal otherwise. I can understand why anyone who has spotting afterwards wants to avoid it, but I haven't had any at all.

Ive still had sex as normal since finding out I was pregnant. If anything its increased our sex life as everything feels "more sensitive". I've had no bleeding or anything and Ive had scans and my buba is perfectly healthy. :)

It is completely safe to have sex unless a dr tells you otherwise. Sex cannot cause a MC, although your cervix is a bit sensitive in pregnancy so you could spot afterwards/the day after (I never have).

Orgasms really won't affect anything - infact they're better in pregnancy :rofl: but you will prob feel crampy for 5-10 minutes afterwards :)

No need for a condom as long as your oh is clean down there!

I was so scared when we first dtd during first tri, now I'm so glad we still get our couple time - it always makes us feel closer :) x

I have an incompetent cervix so I'm afraid to have sex.. We find ways around it

We didn't have sex but had some fun last night and I had an orgasm. I woke up this morning spotting brown. No more fun or orgasms for me!

It's stopped now thankfully but put me off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->