Just got BFP today.. Nursing student.. Help!

someone23

Reaction score
Its 1130 pm here and I've been asleep since 430p after clinicals today. When I up I felt off and knew I usually don't sleep during the day. So I went to Walmart and got these tests and their both +.. I'm worried how I'm going to cope with nursing school & a pregnancy.. It's very stressful and keeps me sleep deprived. I don't think I can carry a healthy pregnancy. I have 4 months until graduation.. I'm a nervous wreck.

Attachments

• IMG_20160727_232318.jpg
    IMG_20160727_232318.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20160727_233113.jpg
    IMG_20160727_233113.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 27
Hey. It'll be tough, but you can do it. There are lots of women in school on this forum who can talk you through the ups and downs of balancing a stressful degree and pregnancy. I'm sure you can even find someone in the tri 1 forums to be buddies.

My suggestion is figure out your rights so you know what accomadations you may want to ask for, if any. Rely heavily on your support systems. Break up marathon study sessions, make sure to get the sleep your baby needs. You've got this! It's just going to take some planning.

The good news is your lines look like this is a newer pregnancy so you have lots of time to finish your degree and even possibly start lining up jobs for when you are ready to go back to work or work a bit then go on Mat leave and go back.

Also the stress is new so once you get accustomed to your pregnancy you will be able to balance and enjoy it :)

After about 10 minutes.. It's gotten darker

Attachments

• IMG_20160728_001650.jpg
    IMG_20160728_001650.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 13
Yes this is a new pregnancy.. I haven't even missed my cycle yet.. I graduate in Dec so I'll still have a few months to work before I go on mat leave.. I'm just stressing already

Hey - don't stress. My friend got pregnant in her 2nd year of nursing and managed fine. Have you got a tutor or someone to confide in at the school? They can give you some support.

Good luck and congratulations x

Congratulations! Hoping everything works out well with the studying situation :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I'm kind of scared to confess to anyone about it.. I'm just shocked right now. I hope I can manage the studying because nursing school is exhausting and baking a baby is even more exhausting. Then the nausea. Excuse me I'm just freaking out.. Sorry

Honestly, best to confide in someone you trust at nursing school. They can advise you best xx

Good luck!! Find a great friend who will help you with the extra studying...I have met some of my best friends in nursing school. I got pregnant in NP school but that was all online and I didn't have to "go to class" but it was doable. Just take it one day at a time and you will get there! AND congrats on your pregnancy and almost finishing nursing school!! 😊

If you need anyone to talk to I'm here. When I was pregnant with ds1, I was in graduate school for speech and language pathology. My average day at school was leave the house at 7 am, clinical experience from 730-330 pm, classes from 4-8 pm, home at 9/930 pm, and then do homework and case notes and reports when I got home. I went to bed, woke up, and did it all over again. I graduated 8 months pregnant and gave birth to my son a few weeks after.

It's exhausting but you can do it if you want to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->