Just got DNA testing request...

Surreal

Me + Little Man = Family.
Reaction score
from the ORS/CSS, that I filed for a couple weeks ago. Get to take Elijah in on Monday and have his mouth swabbed.

... Wonder what type of headache I've just adopted, by testing FOB and forcing him to pay child support through the state. :wacko:

i would get it over and done with babes and make his father pay.

I need to get a paternity test done, but aren't they really expensive??
I'm 80% sure of the FOB but couldn't live all my life not knowing for certain.
Why do you need to get one done?

I need to get a paternity test done, but aren't they really expensive??
I'm 80% sure of the FOB but couldn't live all my life not knowing for certain.
Why do you need to get one done?

If your in the US and get child support through the state ORS, initial DNA testing is covered by the state -- you don't pay a dime. In consideration, though, you have to file *all* potential fathers right off the bat, or risk paying for the DNA test later.

I had to list my ex-husband as a potential father, since technically we aren't divorced yet, just separated; even though I know he's not the father.

I had to get one done because to continue state medical support, you have to file child support from the father. They cut my medical insurance if I don't.

i would get it over and done with babes and make his father pay.

I know... just not looking forward to the potential harassment this might encourage the FOB into doing. He's left me alone, and I haven't seen him in eight months.

Yeah it's tough but here in IL it's the same way if you want state aid and Dad isn't around they go after him for the money. A friend of mine went on Food Stamps 8 years after her last child and they went after FOB for 8 years of back support.

Hopefully he won't start bugging you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->