Just got my BFP but worried...

Willow82

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I got my BFP today after trying for 3 months for number 2! We're still in shock but are really nervous and excited. :happydance:

I'm worried though because I've recently been using a decongestant nasal spray as I get congested. I only realised a few days ago that you're not supposed to take it whilst pregnant. I looked it up and apparently it can cause birth defects. I feel such an idiot. If only I had looked at the bottle before taking it.

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm in need of reassurance!

Taking certain medications or having a small drink before realising you are pregnant is rarely catastrophic. You'd probably need a ton of the stuff anyway to cause issues x

I would just let your doctor know but it's so early yet and you aren't going to be taking it continuously. I think you're just fine. Much worse things have happened than a nasal spray.
congrats!!

Please don't worry! We tend to do LOTS of things we're not supposed to do before we find out we are pregnant (drinking alcohol, eating sushi, taking medications, on and on and on). Now that you know you're pregnant just be sure to take extra precautions on what you put into your body, but don't stress about what's already done. I'm sure all will be just fine. P.S. congrats!

Thank you! Your comments have made me feel better. I can't believe I'm posting in the first tri forum!!

I agree with everyone else... don't worry. I know it's easier said than done :) I think you have to be taking a lot for a long period of time.

i'm kinda in the same boat, I was on Zapain for my back, when I was given them I was asked if I was pregnant or breastfeeding as they can be harmful to baby and can cause birth defects. at the time I wasn't pregnant. I stopped taken them when I realised I was late. but still worried it might have effected baby, still haven't seen a midwife yet, been told it would be at least 2 weeks before I hear anything, that was a week ago.

I swear taking a decongestant is what helped me get pregnant with my son! I've always read things about taking something that loosens mucus can help you get pregnant and I thought, how silly! But now, I think it helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->