Just got some bad news about a friend.

Mummyxofx2

Reaction score
Ok so a friend was pregnant with me and only a week behind me. Her baby has been measuring 3-4 weeks behind for quiet some time and they were just discussing about a csection in the near future. She had a scan on Friday just gone at 33 and a half weeks and baby was only 2lb 8. This morning she woke up with a feeling something wasn't right and her belly was rock hard so she went straight into pregnancy assessment and within 15 minutes she was put to sleep and wheeled into theatre. Her placenta had died and had started coming away from the uterus wall. Baby flat lined as they started her incision but they revived her she is doing ok now but they have put her into a induced coma or something to give her a fighting chance. She was born at 3lb exactly. Please pray for this little girl xx

oh that's awful, my thoughts and prayers are with your friend and baby xx

Thoughts and prayers are with your friend, her little girl and her family. Xx

This is terrible. They're all in my prayers x

That's awful. Thank goodness she went in when she did.

Hope the little one picks up quickly.

Sorry Mummyxo and very sorry and hopeful for your friend. Good on her for getting checked out when something didnt feel right x

Hope all ends up ok, your poor friend, how stressful. If its any help my cousins water went in march at 30 weeks, when being checked the babys heartbeat stopped she was put to sleep and had an emergency section and they got the baby back. She was only 2lb9. However she is now at home doing well and I think a good 6lb or so. Fingers crossed the same happens for your friend xxx

Very scary, so pleased she took the initiative to get checked out.
Prayer said for the little lady and her family and friends xx

Have they named her?

Oh this is awful. My thoughts are with your friend and her baby :( x

What an ordeal, im so sorry to hear your friend has been through this. I hope her baby fights! Xxx

Have they named her?

Yes they named her Allira.

Sorry it has taken so long to update but I have only just been in contact with my friend and things are not going so well Allira's heart isn't beating fast enough her kidneys seem to be failing and her blood isn't clotting and she has just today had 1 seizure. The doctors are not sure what the outcome will be or weather she has brain damage from the birth being flat lined for a minute or so and the seizure now an have asked my friend to make a decision to turn off her life support or keep her fighting. Won't know what my friend decides until morning. And to top it all off her partner has now taken off and no one can find him. I would post pictures but in respect for my friend I won't

Oh god, i cant even imagine what she's going through.
Sending all my thoughts and best wishes
Xx

Have they named her?

Yes they named her Allira.

Sorry it has taken so long to update but I have only just been in contact with my friend and things are not going so well Allira's heart isn't beating fast enough her kidneys seem to be failing and her blood isn't clotting and she has just today had 1 seizure. The doctors are not sure what the outcome will be or weather she has brain damage from the birth being flat lined for a minute or so and the seizure now an have asked my friend to make a decision to turn off her life support or keep her fighting. Won't know what my friend decides until morning. And to top it all off her partner has now taken off and no one can find him. I would post pictures but in respect for my friend I won't

Heartbreaking. Hope they find her partner to help her with her decision. I can't imagine what they are going through.

How awful for all concerned you invest so many hopes and dreams in your unborn child. No one expects an outcome like this.

I hope they get a miracle and can pull through this together.

May your friend find the strength to carry on

xx

praying for your friend, the family and her baby girl <3

arrr hunny I will pray with all my heart baby will be ok. so sad xxxx

Thats so sad, i have everything crossed for her and her baby xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member