Just had call from the bank - someone tried to rinse our credit card!

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
Luckily they noticed something was amiss and stopped the payments, someone tried to go on an online spree of over £800 in half an hour :shock:

We have no idea who or how the card details were taken, but since it was online stores we've never used and loads in a short time, the bank noticed and got it sorted! Thank feck for that!

Cheeky fecks! :shock:

At least your bank was on to it, that's good of them. A few years ago someone cloned my sister's card and used it in London, at the same time my sister was using it in Liverpool (even paying their council tax!) and the bank refused to even acknoledge it as fraud :wacko:

Make sure you update any internet security you have on your computers. also change all passwords you have ...as if they managed to get you online account details they could have gotten other stuff and not used it yet.

sorry dont want to scare you but if they managed to get your info online instead of card swiping in store...you really need to be extra careful!

the bank/credit card company should have flag up on your account for the next year but you just never know.

This happened to us as well, luckily the bank stopped it.

They tried to take out £3000... they would have been lucky to get £30 from our account. :haha:

:shock:

Bloody hell, someone was definately looking after you! Agree with a previous poster, I'd be changing passwords and such just to be on the safe side :hugs:

Theres some right cheeky gets around! Glad the bank stopped it :hugs:

Thanks all :) Yea the bank has cancelled both our cards (I am a 2nd cardholder, it's DH's account) and the lady on the phone mentioned to him about changing security on the computer.

We should probably cut up the new ones when they come, anyway tbh...

xx

My friend had this yesterday!! Her bank rang her as someone was trying to take over £6,000!! Bank flagged it and stopped it!

:shock: £6000!

Bloody good job her bank noticed!!

Shocking really! The actual amount according to the text was £6,548.. She joked they flagged it because she does not have that much in her account bloody good job too or they may well of had it!

glad to hear the bank stopped payment :flower: DH's card always gets cloned! the bank said something about having a common name :wacko:

OMG this is so scary how easily its done these days, least they caught them in time!!

Well, DH told me that he was talking to his friends about it and one of them told him that their bank called them with a similar thing, 'these payments have been attempted but we have noticed and stopped them' etc etc. He decided to report it to the police as he was really peeved and didn't know how someone could have got his card details. Got a crime no. and the police looked into it.

Turned out, there had never been any suspicious activity on his card. The bank had made it up to appear like they are really good at security measures - so that their customer would go about telling people 'someone tried to rinse my card, but it was OK because my bank (XXX) are so good! Apparently the bank got fined because the police had wasted time on it!

I don't know which bank it was but that's sly!

Well, DH told me that he was talking to his friends about it and one of them told him that their bank called them with a similar thing, 'these payments have been attempted but we have noticed and stopped them' etc etc. He decided to report it to the police as he was really peeved and didn't know how someone could have got his card details. Got a crime no. and the police looked into it.

Turned out, there had never been any suspicious activity on his card. The bank had made it up to appear like they are really good at security measures - so that their customer would go about telling people 'someone tried to rinse my card, but it was OK because my bank (XXX) are so good! Apparently the bank got fined because the police had wasted time on it!

I don't know which bank it was but that's sly!

:wacko:

WOW!!

On the topic of fraud, a cousin of mine just found out there was a 'company' that had a name similar to Sky (it wasn't Sky but when she saw the name in her debit card transactions, she assumed it was them and didn't look closer) who have been taking £25, £30, £40 from her account monthly for 4 YEARS! She just decided to cancel the Sky connection and realized that charge was still coming up. She pursued the matter further and turns out its some fake company and imagine they're taken almost £2000 over the years!!!

Wow, lucky the bank noticed!!

I had a new credit card sent through a few weeks ago even though I never requested it nor was my old one expiring. Some cheeky bugger had been stealing our post, which we already knew about (we live in a block of flats) and turns out the git called the card company requesting a new card and pin saying the chip on my current card had stopped working. Never got the pin number so they obviously got that! Lucky I managed to get the card before they did and was wise enough to question why I was being sent a new card!!

Not too impressed with Tesco credit card banking security though! And when I first phoned up some young lad on the phone just fobbed me off saying 'the cards come from us so it's legit, just use it!' Lucky I called back!!

It amazes me how people think it's ok to live a life off other people :nope:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"