Just had first jabs and questions!!

LPF

Reaction score
After the initial screaming lo fell asleep on the walk home and is feeding now but seems generally drowsy and quiet (do be expected I'm sure) the nurse said give calpol if seems a bit out of sorts or temp which is 38 or over?

Any tips on what to look out for and what's normal and not after jabs??

Lo was fine after her first set of jags but on the second lot her leg was red and swollen around the area. She cried a lot that day too so i took it that it was hurting her and gave her Calpol which helped and she seemed fine the next day :thumbup:
Hope this helps xx

I was actually told not to give calpol unless utterly necessary. The temperature actually helps the jab do its work. so try your best not to give him it unless you feel he is really suffering. When she had her fiurst jabs I ignored that, and gave her it, and she was uncomfortable for days! The second set, I didn't give it to her, and she was fine by the next afternoon.

Good luck with the rest though, I cry at EVERY jab, wussy mummy =( x

It can vary, some babies are fine after, some can feel poorly and others get a temp. Mine was fine for the first 3 hours after his jabs, but then he just started screaming and screaming, it was a really high pitched was horrible...I dont know if he was in pain, or whether it just made him feel ill, but he def wasnt right. I gave him some calpol and it really helped, he calmed down and went to sleep...next morning he woke up all smiles and was absolutely fine.

My DS was generally fine, he had a slightly increased temperature (but not over 38) for two days and for those two nights he was more fidgety than usual, I could hear him thrashing around in his cot when he usually sleeps quite soundly. That was about it - fortunately he wasn't too bad x

He initially was fine but has been really screaming and fighting sleep all afternoon - hopefully is down now though - thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->