Just had sweep..50% effaced and 3cm - positive experiences anyone??

phoebemum

Reaction score
hi ladies

As it says above, I have just had a sweep.

My midwife said I am 50% effaced, she could feel baby head in waters and am around 2-3cm dilated already.

This is my second baby so I know you never fully close anyway.

BUT...looking for any positive experiences of this, i.e. did the sweep work and how quickly?

Thanks a lot

Not had one before as this is my first bubs, but just wanted to say good luck and fingers crossed it works!! xx

With DD I got my sweep late Thursday evening and she was born very early sat mmorning. I reccomend lots of walking to get the contractions started ,or nipple stimulation maybe ?
Good luck!

With DD I got my sweep late Thursday evening and she was born very early sat mmorning. I reccomend lots of walking to get the contractions started ,or nipple stimulation maybe ?
Good luck!

Thanks, hopefully this will kick start it!

I would walk lots but have severe SPD so can barely make it to the end of the street!!

I'm bouncing on my ball so fingers crossed it works and I have my little one soon x

My SPD has been really bad these past few days as well, as baby has decided to engage(even though its my second). That's why I was considering the nipple stimulation instead, I've heard it works. But seems like a pain lol

My SPD has been really bad these past few days as well, as baby has decided to engage(even though its my second). That's why I was considering the nipple stimulation instead, I've heard it works. But seems like a pain lol

I feel your pain! No-one who hasn't had SPD will ever understand how painful or debilitating it is. Took me 20 minutes to walk from the car to the shop and back yesterday!

Doesn't look like the sweep has worked for me anyway, was up half the night but just the usual pregnancy insomnia.

But if anyone else has experiences of it working then I'd love to know x

Sweeps don't always work straight away if they are going to work. It could be days before it does anything

Sweeps don't always work straight away if they are going to work. It could be days before it does anything

I know (unfortunately).

I had 2 with my first and they didn't work at all but just hoping someone can give me some positive feedback!!

No experience with sweeps, just wanted to say good luck and hope your LO is here soon!!

Oh and with my second at beginning of labour I was only 1.5cm so 2-3cm is good!

X

With my 2nd I had a sweep and was 2cm but it didn't work so had another sweep and was still 2cm my son was born less than 24 hours later after only a 20 minute labour :D Good luck and hope your sweep works xx

I have a positive sweep story! Had a sweep at 3pm ish on the Thursday, she said I was open like I'd had a baby before which was to b expected but was thinning out really well! She gave me good sweep and said if she could bet on it my sweep would b one she'd bet would work. My baby was born at 6.15pm on the Friday!!! So just over 24 hours later and I had an amazing home water birth. Good luck xx

Thanks so much for the positive feedback ladies.

Im now over 24 hours past but I know it can sometimes take longer.

Think my little madam is just too comfy in there. I have another one booked for Tuesday when I'll be 40+3 but I really hope I go before then.

No BH or anything that feels like little one could be close.

Really appreciate the replies though, at least I know it definitely has worked for some xxx

TMI!!

Just been to the loo ladies and I think my mucus plug is coming away.

Wiped and had big browny snotty discharge and can see other brown discharge is there.

hoping this is the start of things to come over the next few days? xx

Oooh that could be the start :D I am going to keep checking now for updates :) xx

Started having some tightenings, wouldn't call them contractions but I'm starting to hope this is the beginning.

Will post if I have any news x

Any pains I was feeling have stopped ladies :cry:

Absolutely gutted as was beginning to think this was it.

Needing a miracle to get her out now :haha:

Stay positive. Still got 4 days til due date hun. I'm not even getting a sweep til next Monday. X

Still losing my plug, quite a lot this morning but no more tightenings or anything resembling a sign baby is on the way.

May attempt a long walk today and see if it does anything. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->